Do you need to sign out of Apple ID on your iPhone? Your Apple ID…
My iPhone XS is bricked with no responsive screen when I update my iOS 14. I tried to reboot it but nothing changed. Please help me. – Steven Cober.
My iPhone XS Max is bricked when I restoring with iTunes. It got stuck giving me the Apple logo with the progress bar. Sever hours later, it was dead and nothing happens. Help. – CoolFisherman
If the iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max is bricked, how to fix those and get them back to their normal state? Don’t be distraught while facing these problems. In this article, we will show you how to fix a bricked iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max in four ways. And answer the questions by our readers.
Make sure your iPhone has enough power during the troubleshooting process. Charge it for an hour or half an hour before you fix it.
Part 1: Hard Reset your Bricked and unresponsive iPhone XS or XS Max.
In order to completely restart all the software services to resolve any existing conflicts, you can hard restart your iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max.
- Press and hold the Side button and either Volume Up or Volume Down When the “slide to power off” appears, release the buttons and slide the Power switch right to turn off the iPhone XS/XS Max.
- With the iPhone XS/XS Max powered off, press and hold the Side button (top right edge) until the Apple logo appears then release.
If it’s not viable by trying the method in Part 1, turn to the below parts.
Part 2: Fix with third-party software SD iOS System Recovery.
Among all the iOS system recovery software, SD iOS System Recovery is proven to be a problem solver. It can fix problems of these circumstances: iPhone stuck on Apple logo, stuck with black screen or white screen, or iPhone can’t turn on, even with broken screens.
To use this software, firstly, free download it and install it on your PC or Mac computer.
1. Launch it and connect your iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max to your computer with a USB cable. Go to More Tools > iOS System Recovery module.
2. Put your iPhone XS/XS Max into Recovery Mode.
Holding your iPhone XS or XS Max. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
3. Choose Standard Mode or Advanced Mode to unbrick your iPhone XS/XS Max. Remember that the Standard Mode can fix your iPhone without data loss while the Advanced Mode will erase all data on your iPhone XS or XS Max.
4. Download Firmware and fix it.
This software will automatically detect your iPhone model and remind you to download the paired firmware. When completed, click Fix.
Part 3: Fix with another alternative SD iPhone unbricking software.
Free download and install this software before you start. Connect your bricked iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
1. Go to Fix iOS System section. And click start.
2. Click the Standard Mode or Advanced Mode. Choose the firmware to download.
3. Click Start to fix when the firmware package downloading is completed. Done.
Part 4 Fix with iTunes or Finder.
To unbrick your iPhone XS or XS Max, you need to put your iPhone XS/XS Max into Recovery Mode first.
Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
Update your iTunes on your PC or the latest version. Or you can use Finder (macOS Catalina 10.15 or later).
- Open iTunes or Finder, and connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
- Put your iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max into recovery mode. (refer to the above button operations)
- Click Restore when the pop-up screen appears. Then iTunes or Finder will erase all data on your iPhone and update it to the latest version.
You are done. Later you can set up your iPhone as new or restore from the previous backups if you have anyone.
It is important to keep a regular habit to back up your iPhone XS, or iPhone XS Max, then you can restore your backup without losing all your data. Read this How to Back Up Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch with iTunes or iCloud in 2020?
It is not complicated to unbrick an iPhone XS or XS Max if you find the proper way. Most bricked iPhone problems caused by software could be easily solved. If there is any damage to the hardware, you might need to make an appointment with Apple Support to troubleshoot it. Don’t forget to give a phone call to ask for the available local Apple Store before you head there, as COVID-19 leads to the closing of certain Apple Stores in some areas. Good luck with fixing your iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max.