"My iPad got disabled and won’t connect to iTunes. I don’t know what to do…
I forgot my TikTok screen time management password, what should I do?
Forgot the TikTok screen time password and have no idea about what to do? In the article, we will show you a way to troubleshoot the problem.
TikTok is a magic social media app that was enjoyed by many people all over the world, where you can create, augment, remix, and share short videos. To help people keep a good habit of managing the screen time on TikTok, they develop the feature Screen Time Management and Restricted Mode for good digital habits or parental control. Many parents use the TikTok Screen Time Management to avoid teens TikTok addicts or protect their kids from inappropriate content. When setting up the screen time management or restricted mode, you’ll set up a passcode for TikTok. Next time, when you reach the limit, you’ll need to input the passcode to ask for more time or change the time limit.
Whether you are using an Android or iOS system handset, you can directly set time limits for TikTok from its official app.
Part 1: Forgot TikTok screen time password what do you do?
In the following part, we will describe that step by step.
Step 1: Open TikTok, and Navigate to Me Page.
Step 2: Tap the three-dots icon to go to the Settings & Privacy Screen.
Step 3: Tap Report a problem under the Support.
Step 4: Choose Suggestion under Select a Topic.
Step 5: On the Feedback and help page, tap Still have Problem.
Step 6: Describe that you forgot your TikTok screen time management password and ask for a reset or remove under “Tell us your feedback”.
Sample sentences as the following.
I forgot my screen time management passcode, please remove it for me. Thanks.
I forgot my password for screen time on TikTok, please delete the password for me. Urgent help.
forgot tiktok screen time password, please help turn off screen time management. Thanks.
Step 7: Tap Report to send your support tickets.
Step 8: Wait for the feedback of the support.
This is the whole process to unlock your TikTok screen time management passcode. If you want to remove the screen time passcode (Apple) on iPhone or iPad, please refer to Forgot screen time passcode.
Part 2: How to turn on screen time management or Restricted Mode on TikTok.
- Tap the three-dot menu on the top right corner of the Me Page.
- On the Settings & Privacy page, choose Digital Wellbeing.
- Tap Screen Time Management
- Choose from Time limit 40m, 60m, 90m, 120m. Tap Turn on Screen Time management.
- Set a password for TikTok screen time management and confirm it.
- Tap Restricted Mode.
- Tap Turn on Restricted Mode. Then enter the passcode. Note that Restricted Mode Passcode is the same as screen time management.
Part 3: How to turn on Parental control on TikTok?
To apply parental control on TikTok, you should activate Family Pairing on TikTok.
- Tap “Me” in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the app to open the Settings & Privacy menu.
- Tap Digital Wellbeing > Family Pairing.
- Tap continue and choose” who is using this TikTok account”. Choose Parent or Teen.
- Choose next. If you have chosen Parent, Follow these steps on your Teen account.
- Log into TikTok.
- Go to Settings & Privacy > Family Pairing and select Teen.
- Scan the QR code on the paired parent’s account.
If you choose Teen (in step 4), and Next, you’ll need to scan the QR code from your parent’s account.
Family Pairing is the only way you can prevent your kids from easily changing these TikTok screen time settings with a password. Also, you can restrict the direct message settings via parental controls on TikTok.