Wonder to know what to do if there is no forgot Passcode option for Screen…
Help me! I can’t log out of my Apple ID on my iPhone/iPad! Why can’t I sign out of icloud?
Apple ID plays an important role in the Apple ecosystem. It’s a user’s unique identity to access most of Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. Without an Apple ID, an iPhone or an iPad almost becomes useless as a brick. In this article, we will walk you around how to sign out of your Apple ID successfully. So that you can sign in to a new Apple ID on the devices.
You may encounter one of these scenarios of “Why My iPhone or iPad won’t let me sign out of Apple ID”.
- Can’t sign out of the Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad to switch the account. The spinning symbol appears to indicate that it’s working on signing out, and then it never stops.
- Can’t log out of iCloud for “Verification Failed”.
- Cannot sign out of the iCloud before you give away or trade in your old iPhone or iPad to other people. Or the other way around, you are unable to sign out from a second-hand phone linked to the previous owner’s Apple ID.
- You created an Apple ID for your children but you can’t log out with the message “sign out not available due to restrictions”.
- You’re having trouble signing out of iCloud on your iPhone or iPad after you restored it from a backup.
- Why can’t I sign out of my iPhone for the greyed-out “Sign Out” option?
- Can’t sign out of your Apple ID with the device saying “you can’t sign out your Apple ID because your phone is being restored.”
Don’t Worry, you should find the proper solutions for you right here.
Quick Tutorial to fix the problem”iPhone/iPad won’t sign out”:
- Why Can’t I Sign out of My Apple ID on iPhone/iPad/Mac?
- Part 1: Solution 1 for Unable to log out of iCloud for Slow Connections– Check Your Internet Connection.
- Part 2: Solution 2 for Can’t Sign Out of your Apple ID and Sign Out Button is Grayed Out.
- Part 3: Solution 3 for Can’t sign out of Your Apple ID without Password.
- Part 4: Sign out option is Greyed out and You Can’t Sign Out your Apple ID because Your Phone is Being Restored – How to Fix It.
Why Can’t I Sign out of My Apple ID on iPhone/iPad/Mac?
There are various reasons caused that you can’t log out from iCloud, such as poor internet connection, screen time restriction, or having no password, settings no connection, and more troublesome situations, etc. Among these, Screen Time restriction is one of the most common reasons that cause the problem with the spreading use of keeping healthy digital habits or parental control. As long as you disabled the screen time, the problem that you can’t sign out of Apple ID should be worked out.
Refer to our detailed tutorial to sign out from the greyed out Sign Out Option when “Sign out is Not Available due to Restrictions” in Part 2.
In the following part, we will explain how to sign out of Apple ID with or without a password if you are unable to log out from your Apple ID on iPhone or iPad.
Why you can’t log out of your Apple ID sometimes? Possible Reason 1 – Slow or failed Internet Connection.
The internet connection or the cellular network is too slow to connect to the iCloud service.
Normally, you will do the following to sign out Apple ID (iOS 14 for example).
Go to Settings > [your name] scroll all the way down and Tap the “Sign out” button.
If your Wi-Fi network or cellular network speed is slow, it might happen that the spinning symbol appears to indicate that it’s working on signing out, and then it never stops. Finally, you should fail to sign out your iPhone or iPad.
1. Steps to check your cellular network connection:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Cellular.
- Check if the switch beside the Cellar Data is on.
- Wait for a few moments for the iCloud account signing out process.
2. Steps to check your Wi-Fi Connection.
- Tap Settings App.
- Tap WLAN. Make sure the WLAN switch is on/green.
- Tap your Wi-Fi name and see if it works well, or you can tap Forgot This Network and rejoin later.
3. Make Sure the Settings app is allowed to use WLAN & Cellular Data.
- Tap Settings > WLAN.
- Scroll down to find the option: Apps using WLAN & Cellular.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Under the ALLOW “SETTINGS” TO USE DATA, tap it and Choose WLAN & Cellular Data, among Options: Off, WLAN, WLAN & Cellular Data.
If you choose Off, the Sign Out button on the Apple ID screen will be grayed out, unclickable and untappable on the iPhone or iPad immediately. Note, in some cases, such as after a factory resetting or resetting all settings, you may encounter the problem that the Settings app is disabled to use WLAN & Cellular Data without knowing it on your device.
Sometimes, you will see the message “Verification Failed – There was an error connecting to iCloud.” That’s also because your iPhone or iPad has no active connection to a Network.
It’s worth mentioning that if you are always using VPN connections, you’d better turn off your VPN service app to log out of Apple ID once you failed with it on.
Why a slow or unstable internet connection will lead to the failure of signing out of iCloud?
Here you should know what will happen if you sign out from your Apple ID. There will be data and files changing on your synced iPhone or iPad if you quit your previous iCloud account. Depending on the size of the data and the internet speed, the signing out process of Apple ID might need a few minutes. The iCloud page will ask you whether you need to keep a copy of several types of data. Read more about data and services changes about signing out of iCloud on Apple’s official site.
You might face data loss if you sign out from Apple ID, refer to the article of backup methods to keep your data safe:
Finally, you should sign out of your iPhone/iPad, then sign in again if your Internet connection problem is resolved.
Part 2: Solution 2 for Can’t sign out of your Apple ID – Caused by Screen Time Restrictions.
Why you can’t log out of your Apple ID with the “sign out not available due to restrictions” and the greyed out Sign Out button? Reason 2: Screen Time Restrictions are enabled.
Option 1: Turn off Screen Time on iPhone/iPad for “sign out not available due to restrictions”.
You can’t sign out of your Apple ID for Restrictions or Message “sign out not available due to restrictions”.
Many people are not aware of what restrictions or wonder why can’t I sign out of my iCloud due to restrictions – those are Screen Time restrictions. After turning off the Screen Time successfully, you should find the Sign out button is not grayed out and then you can sign out of your Apple ID.
As the widely used feature of Screen Time, the problem that Apple ID won’t sign out problem become common. To keep a safe digital habit of their children, a great number of people tend to use Apple’s Screen Time as a great parental control tool (including me). You won’t be able to sign out of your iPhone or iPad or child’s devices for exactly the Screen Time restrictions. The solution is to disable screen time to completely take off these restrictions.
Finally, you turn off the screen time on your iPhone or iPad only to find that the Sign out Option becomes highlighted in red. You should sign out of your devices then.
Option 2: Unlock Apple ID on iPhone or iPad directly using third-party software.
Can’t turn off your screen time with restrictions or forgot your screen time passcode? A smart software tool helps effectively.
It is not easy for some people to turn off screen time and restrictions on iPhone or iPad manually. Luckily, we find a simple third-party software- SD iPhone Unlocker to unlock Apple ID at this point. This method can be extremely useful for anyone who needs to sign out his Apple ID with screen time restrictions immediately. SD iPhone Unlocker is one of our best picks to unlock your Apple ID when you can’t sign out of your iPhone or iPad.
Free Download and install it on your computer either PC or Mac.
As we’ve mentioned that unlocking your Apple ID will lose several data or services on your device, to be confident to proceed, make sure you’ve backed up the data you need.
Steps for unlocking your Apple ID to sign out iPhone or iPad.
1. Start the app and head to Unlock Apple ID section.
2. Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer with a USB cable. Trust the computer if it prompts. And Unlock the screen to use the iPhone or iPad as the computer accessory.
3. Click Start to Unlock.
There are 3 circumstances here, follow the on-screen directions:
- Once Find My iPhone/iPad is disabled, the software will remove the Apple ID directly for you. (All iOS versions supported).
- Once Find My is enabled, you need to go to “Settings > General > Reset All Settings” and tap Reset All Settings, then the SD iPhone Unlocker will unlock your Apple ID and iCloud account. (Below iOS 11.4 versions supported)
- Once Two-Factor Authentication is Enabled (iOS 11.4 and above are supported), Confirm it and hit the Yes Option to proceed.
If the screen prompts, make sure that Two-Factor Authentication is enabled on your device. Check Settings >[Your Name]> Password & Security to check if Two-Factor authentication is on. Then click Yes to proceed.
4. Download the firmware using the stable network. The algorithm of the software will automatically detect your iPhone/iPad models and find the right firmware version.
5. After the software extracting the firmware packages completely hit Unlock Apple ID. Done.
Wait for a few minutes, when your iPhone reopens, set it up with your new Apple ID or switch your Apple ID to another to log into iCloud. Enjoy your device with your current Apple ID.
Here we have provided a video tutorial for Fix “Can’t sign out of Apple ID” with restrictions via turning off Screen Time and using this third-party software.
Part 3: Solution 3 for Can’t sign out of Your Apple ID without Password.
Once you are locked out of your iPhone with the “iPhone/iPad is disabled “screen, this SD iPhone Unlocker will help you to factory reset your iPhone without a passcode, signing out of your Apple ID, and removing the screen locking password. Once you can’t remember your Apple ID password, you should also unlock your Apple ID a third-party software.
We will explain it in detail in this part.
Circumstance 1: Can’t log out of Apple ID without a screen lock password, with Find My (iPhone or iPad) off.
Use SD iPhone Unlocker to factory reset your iPhone directly. Refer to Part 3 of this post for detailed steps.
Circumstance 2: Can’t sign out of Apple ID without Apple ID password with Find My (iPhone or iPad) on.
Circumstance 2 will activate the iCloud Activation Lock Screen when you are going to sign in with a new Apple ID.
- Scenario 1: For transferred or purchase devices, and the previous people know the Apple ID and can be reached out to.
- Scenario 2: Can’t reach out to the previous owner or without anyone knowing the password. – You should Bypass the iCloud Activation Lock.
Under Scenario 1, When the previous iPhone or iPad owner knows the Apple ID & password, you can reach out to the previous owner of the device, such as the sellers, your friends, or family, or other people, do contact them to remote wiping your iPhone on the iCloud.com and delete the device from that iCloud account. This will deactivate the iCloud Activation Lock. After that, the previous Apple ID will be logged out and you can sign in with your own new Apple ID on the devices.
Option 1: Ask the previous owner to remote sign out of iCloud via iCloud.com.
Steps for the previous Apple ID owner to remote erasing the iPhone/iPad and sign out of the old Apple ID.
Step 1: Open iCloud.com in a web browser on a computer or mobile device. And Sign in with the Apple ID credential. Enter the activation code on the iCloud page sent to the current owner if asked. Enter Trust if prompted.
Step 2: Click Find iPhone. And Click All Devices to locate the iPhone or iPad on iCloud.
Step 3: Tap Erase iPhone or iPad. Enter your Apple ID password to confirm Erase.
Step 4: Wait for the device to be erased. Afterwards, Tap Remove from Account.
Done. You have signed out your device from that Apple ID.
The whole process needs cooperation between the previous owner and the current owner (sending verification code). After signing out of the Apple ID from iCloud.com, you are able to log into your new Apple ID and use all iCloud services.
Option 2. Bypass the iCloud Activation Lock and sign out of Apple ID via SD Lockpasser software.
Under Scenario 2:
If you can’t reach out to the previous owner without knowing the password, you will need a tool to bypass the iCloud activation lock to use the device. Hopefully, we pick this product – SD Lockpasser to remove the iCloud Activation Lock Screen so that you can sign in with another Apple ID easily.
This SD Lockpasser has the following highlighted functions:
- Bypass iCloud Activation Lock screen without Apple ID or password.
- Remove screen lock without activation restrictions.
- Turn off Find My iPhone/iPad without password.
Before using this app, there are the following things to pay attention to:
- This is free to try app, you can check whether your iPhone or iPad model is supported without paying for it. The screen will show up the messages that your device is supported or not.
- You will jailbreak your iPhone/iPad/iPod after bypassing the iCloud Activation Lock. You can regain access to the device and use a Wi-Fi network while you can’t make phone calls, use cellular data and the normal iCloud service of your new Apple ID.
Steps for bypassing iCloud Activation Lock Screen via SD Lockpasser.
Step 1: Free download the SD Lockpasser software to your computer (PC or Mac) and launch it.
If your device is stuck on the screen “Activation Lock”, “Unable to Activate” or “Could Not Activate iPhone”, please choose the “Bypass iCloud Activation Lock Screen Mode”.
Step 2: Connect your device to your computer and click Start.
Step 3: Follow the onscreen directions to jailbreak your iOS device on Mac or PC.
On a PC, you will be navigated to the tutorial to DIY jailbreak your device on Windows PC.
On a Mac, it will prompt you to download the right jailbreak package. And then SD Lockpasser will jailbreak your device in a few clicks.
Note if you both have a Mac or PC computer, you’d better choose Mac to easily jailbreak your devices via this software.
Step 4. Bypass Activation Lock screen on iDevices.
Confirm your device information with models, iOS version, etc. Then click “Start Bypass”.
SD Lockpasser will start to bypass the Apple Activation Lock screen. The process only takes a few seconds.
Hooray. The activation lock screen on your iPhone or iPad linked to the previous owner’s Apple ID is bypassed now. You can enjoy your device by successfully signing a new Apple ID.
If you got your iPhone with a locked/disabled screen and iCloud Activations lock activated, this SD Lockpasser is able to get rid of screen lock and bypass the Activation screen via the “Remove Screen Lock and Bypass Activation” section.
Part 4: You Can’t Sign Out your Apple ID because Your Phone is Being Restored – How to Fix It.
When signing out of your Apple ID with the Sign out button greyed out, and showing the message “You cannot sign out of your Apple ID because your iPhone is being restored.”, what does this mean, and how to work it out then?
When you see the message “You cannot sign out of your Apple ID because your iPhone is being restored.”, your iPhone is restoring on the backend so you are unable to sign out of your Apple ID. Trying to find the cancel iCloud restore Option, but you discover that it is nowhere to be found? Try these steps to fix that.
Restart your iPhone or iPad. Apple Support.
If the problem still exists, try to reset your network settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Finally, if you still can’t sign out with the greyed-out Sign Out button and that message, back up your iPhone or iPad and factory reset it, then when you set it up, restore from your backup.
The bottom Line
If you have are unable to sign out of the Apple ID on your iPhone, here are some simple ways to fix that. With knowing the Apple ID and password, you can resolve the troubleshooting situations “Can’t sign out of your Apple ID” calmly and effectively via the Part 1 and Part 2 method. If you might get failed to log into your iPhone or iPad with the iCloud Activation Lock with no previous owner’s Apple ID or password, it will take you a little more time to resolve it via the approach in Part 3. At last, hope one of these methods can do the trick and then you can sign in to iCloud once again and regain control of your iPhone or iPad successfully. In a word, we have grouped the various “Can’t sign out of iCloud” problems into four main types: connection problems, restriction problems, iCloud Activation Lock screen problems, and other unknown problems. You can leave a comment below about your “unable to sign out” scenario descriptions if they are not listed.
You May Also Want to Read: