How to unlock disabled iPad without iTunes? My iPad got disabled, and I can’t use…
Q: My son learned his screen time passcode. I’ve reset my Screen Time passcode, but the old passcode still works on my kids’ phones when their time runs out. He could enter the old passcode and get more time. I have turned off the screen time on both phones and redid it several times, but the old screen time continues to work. it still has not reset. (We have Family Sharing.). HELP.
Screen Time Passcode won’t change, how to reset it? There are several people having this question “why can’t I change my screen time passcode” and the screen time password won’t change or reset with the family sharing function turned on. Some people are also unable to change screen time passcode on iPhone/iPad/iPod of their own devices. Even you enter many entries only to find those red messages of “1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 failed passcode attempts”. The more attempts the wrong screen time passcode, the longer time you are required to wait to enter another one. After 10 failed screen time password attempts, you should try again in 60 minutes. If the screen time passcode won’t reset or change for you, stay tuned to this article for proven solutions.
Let’s dive into the problem and troubleshoot it. In this article, I will show you both Apple’s way and another perfect way to fix the problems of the iPhone/iPad screen time password won’t change.
- Part 1: Change or reset the screen time passcode via the Apple method.
- Part 2: No option to Change screen time Passcode or No “Forgot Passcode?” Option.
- Part 3: Change or Reset your Screen Time Passcode via Third-party software(No Data Loss).
If you haven’t tried the Apple official way to change it, read part one. If it is not viable to adopt the method in Part 1, skip to Part 2 directly.
Before doing the following approaches, restart your iPhone/iPad/iPod or Mac to solve the problem with minimal efforts. A simple restart may resolve this problem from proven users and our tests in some circumstances.
Part 1: Change or reset the screen time passcode via the Apple method.
Change Screen Time Passcode on your Personal Device:
- Go to Settings > Screen Time.
- Tap Change Screen Time Passcode, then tap Chang Screen Time Passcode again.
- Follow the onscreen directions to enter your old Screen Time Passcode first and then enter your new Screen Time Passcode and verify it.
- If you forgot your screen time passcode, tap “Forgot Passcode”(Why No Forgot Passcode Option for screen time). Then enter your Apple ID and password to reset the Screen Time passcode (If you entered your Apple ID when you set up the screen time passcode last time).
How do I change my child’s screen time passcode? – Reset screen Time Passcode for your kids’ device.
If you set your child’s screen time passcode with a kid’s device, the procedure is the same as changing screen time on a personal device.
If you’re using Family Sharing for parental control to enable the screen time passcode, Use the following steps on the family organizer’s device to reset the screen time passcode for your child.
On iDevices (iPhone iPad or iPod).
- Update the family organizer’s iPhone/iPad/iPod to the latest iOS or iPadOS version.
- On the family organizer’s device, Go to Settings>Screen Time.
- Scroll down and then choose your kid’s name under Family.
- Tap Change Screen Time Passcode. Tap Change Screen Time Passcode again. You might be asked to authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.
- Enter a new Screen Time Passcode and enter it again to confirm.
On a Mac, you can also change the kids’ Screen Time Passcode of their iPhone/iPad.
On a Mac macOS Catalina 10.15.4 or later.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences > click Screen Time.
- Select your kid’s name from the drop-down menu in the left sidebar.
- Click the three-dot options button in the lower-left corner.
- Hit Change Passcode, then click Forgot Passcode.
- Enter the Apple ID and password that you used to set up the Screen Time Passcode.
- Enter a new Screen Time Passcode, then enter it again to confirm.
You may wonder why there is no option to change screen time passcode, or why no forgot passcode option on screen time, or why you can’t change your screen time passcode. we have dived into these questions.
When the screen time passcode won’t change on your child’s device, or if you forgot the password, you can turn off it and then enable it later. If you are the organizer, it’s unnecessary to remember the password for turning off Screen Time for children. Your authentication is enough. Maybe you feel your child is self-disciplined enough to turn off screen time over a period of time.
The right way to turn off a child’s Screen Time(passcode) if you know it or it won’t change, or when you forgot it.
Firstly, turn off the screen time passcode for a child, and then turn off the screen time when you forgot it. Don’t worry when you forgot your child’s screen time passcode when you are the authenticated person to organize the family sharing.
Way 1: turn off the Screen Time for your child when knowing the password.
Tap Screen Time> Your Child’s Name>Turn off Screen Time, then Confirm with Face ID, Touch ID, or Pin. Enter the screen time passcode set for the child to proceed. Done.
Way 2: Turn off the Screen Time for your child when Forgetting the password.
Tap Screen Time> Your Child’s Name> Change Screen Time Passcode, on the pop-up screen, tap Turn Off Screen Time Passcode > Turn off Screen Time Passcode, Authenticate it. When you see the “Use Screen Time Passcode” option, you have successfully turned off the screen time passcode for your child.
One more step to disable the entire screen time for a child. After turning off the screen time passcode for the child, on the Child’s name page, tap Turn off Screen Time. Done.
The whole process of the way 2 won’t need a password for the previous child’s screen time passcode.
Part 2: No option to Change screen time Passcode or No “Forgot Passcode” Option.
No option to Change screen time Passcode/Forgot Screen Time Passcode or you can’t see the “Forgot Passcode?” button reasons:
- On a child’s or a family member’s device with turning screen time passcode on via family sharing, you have no option to change the screen time passcode or no Forgot Passcode option/button on the child’s devices.
- On older iPhone models, with iOS 12, there is no way to reset the Screen Time Passcode if it has been forgotten – No ‘Forgot Passcode?’ option on screen time. iOS 13.4 did bring the ability to do so, but some older iPhone models(like iPhone 6, iPhone 5, and older) are too old and not capable of running 13.4 or higher.
- You can’t change the screen time passcode because of software problems or you need a restart of your devices.
Do restart(power off and then power on) your devices after changing the screen time passcode but won’t work, there is a chance that your changing of resetting screen time passcode will take effect just after a restart.
The kids are only able to find the change screen time passcode options if they control their screen time passcode on their own devices when authorized by their parents.
To change the passcode with no change the screen time passcode or no Forgot Screen time options, Please refer to Part 3 – Use the SD iPhone Passcode Unlocker third-party software.
Part 3: Change or Reset your Screen Time Passcode via Third-party software(No Data Loss).
We have proved this piece of the smart app – SD iPhone Passcode Unlocker, which can reset your Screen Time Passcode without any hassle. You can remove your screen time passcode without data loss and later re-setup your screen time passcode.
If you turned on family sharing and your kids’ screen time passcode won’t change, jump to turn off screen time for a child. And reenable it later.
If the screen time passcode won’t change on your personal device, use this app with your own iPhone iPad, or iPod.
Free download and install the SD iOS passcode unlocker software on your PC or Mac.
Check this video tutorial about how to reset Screen Time Passcode on your iPhone, iPad or iPod via our recommendation software. This iOS unlocker software can also remove Apple ID, and screen lock passcode.
Step 1: Launch the SD screen time passcode unlocker software on your computer.
Step 2：Plug your iPhone or iPad into the computer with a USB cable (Enter your passcode to unlock it when the software is detecting the device). And Choose Unlock Screen Time Passcode.
This app is capable of removing your Screen Time and Restrictions Passcode.
Step 3: Click Start to unlock.
Step 4: The software shows you the message unlocked successfully. The process is easy and fast in less than one minute. When your iPhone opens again, during the setup of the Apps & Data screen, choose Don’t transfer Apps & Data. Enter your Apple ID password to set it up. When it comes to the Screen Time page, choose Set up Later in Settings. Later, you can turn on Screen Time, and thus you can change your screen time passcode to a new one or never turn it on.
If you have family sharing, after removing the kid’s screen time passcode, you can turn on it again and change your kids’ screen time passcode. The question on the top can be resolved by the Part 2 Method successfully.
The bottom Line
If your Screen Time Passcode won’t change, we recommend you try the above methods. If you entered the Apple ID and password the previous time you set it up, resetting the screen time passcode is simple with the Part 1 method. If you didn’t enter your Apple ID when setting up your screen time passcode or Apple Screen Time Passcode Recovery not work for you, choose the software way. We have proved the smart app of the iOS Screen Time Passcode Unlocker software is stable and effective. It’s worth mentioning that resetting and changing the screen time passcode via the app is safe and great without data loss. Nobody wants to lose his precious personal data.
You May Also Want to Read:
Two Ways to Fix Apple ID Sign Out is Not Available Due to Restrictions on iPhone/iPad
Forgot My iPhone, iPad or iPod passcode, How to Fix it?[Works Great in 2020]
How to Factory Reset your iPhone/iPad without Passcode and Computer?
\What Happens After 10 Failed Screen Time Passcode Attempts.