Can’t stop watching the screen of the digital products, like your iPhone or iPad, Mac,…
Q: My son learned his screen time passcode. I’ve reset my Screen Time passcode, but the old passcode still works on my kids’ phones when their time runs out. He could enter the old passcode and get more time. I have turned off the screen time on both phones and redid it several times, but the old screen time continues to work. it still has not reset. (We have Family Sharing.). HELP.
Screen Time Passcode won’t change, how to reset it? There are several people having this question “why can’t I change my screen time passcode” and the screen time password won’t change or reset with the family sharing function turned on. Some people are also unable to change screen time passcode on iPhone/iPad/iPod of their own devices. Even you enter many entries only to find those red messages of “1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 failed passcode attempts”. The more attempts the wrong screen time passcode, the longer time you are required to wait to enter another one. After 10 failed screen time password attempts, you should try again in 60 minutes.
Related Reading: What Happens after 10 Failed Screen Time Passcode Attempts.
Let’s dive into the problem and troubleshoot it. In this article, I will show you both Apple’s way and another perfect way to fix the problems of the iPhone/iPad screen time password won’t change.
If you haven’t tried the Apple official way to change it, read part one. If it is not viable to adopt the method in Part 1, skip to Part 2 directly.
Part 1: Change or reset the screen time passcode via the Apple method.
Change Screen Time Passcode on your Personal Device:
- Go to Settings > Screen Time.
- Tap Change Screen Time Passcode, then tap Chang Screen Time Passcode again.
- Follow the onscreen directions to enter your old Screen Time Passcode first and then enter your new Screen Time Passcode and verify it.
- If you forgot your screen time passcode, tap “Forgot Passcode”. Then enter your Apple ID and password to reset the Screen Time passcode (If you entered your Apple ID when you set up the screen time passcode last time).
Reset screen Time Passcode for your kids’ device.
If you’re using Family Sharing for parental control, Use the following steps on the family organizer’s device to reset the screen time passcode for your child.
On iDevices (iPhone iPad or iPod)
- Update the family organizer’s iPhone/iPad/iPod to the latest iOS or iPadOS version.
- On the family organizer’s device, Go to Settings>Screen Time.
- Scroll down and then choose your kid’s name under Family.
- Tap Change Screen Time Passcode. Tap Change Screen Time Passcode again. You might be asked to authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.
- Enter a new Screen Time Passcode and enter it again to confirm.
No option to Change screen time Passcode/Forgot Screen Time Passcode or you can’t see “Forgot Passcode?” button reasons:
- Note that if you set the screen time passcode on the organizer’s device for children, you should find no options to change the screen time passcode or no forgot password option on the children’s device or other family members’ devices. In this case, you can only change the screen time passcode(for kids) on the organizer’s device.
- On older iPhone models, with iOS 12, there is no way to reset the Screen Time Passcode if it has been forgotten – No ‘Forgot Passcode?’ option on screen time. iOS 13.4 did bring the ability to do so, but some older iPhone models(like iPhone 6, iPhone 5, and older) are too old and not capable of running 13.4 or higher.
The kids are only able to find the change screen time passcode options if they control their screen time passcode on their own devices when authorized by their parents.
To change the passcode with no change the screen time passcode or no Forgot Screen time options, Please refer to Part 2 – Use the SD iPhone Unlocker third-party software.
On a Mac, you can also change the kids’ Screen Time Passcode of their iPhone/iPad.
On a Mac macOS Catalina 10.15.4 or later.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences > click Screen Time.
- Select your kids’ name from the drop-down menu in the left sidebar.
- Click the three-dot options button in the lower left corner.
- Hit Change Passcode, then click Forgot Passcode.
- Enter the Apple ID and password that you used to set up the Screen Time Passcode.
- Enter a new Screen Time Passcode, then enter it again to confirm.
Part 2: Change or Reset your Screen Time Passcode via Third-party software(No Data Loss).
We have proved this piece of a smart app can reset your Screen Time Passcode without any hassle. You can remove your screen time passcode without data loss and later re-setup your screen time passcode.
If you turned on family sharing and your kids’ screen time passcode won’t change, firstly, Turn off the sharing for screen time. And then reset the screen time passcode via this software with your kids’ iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
If the screen time passcode won’t change on your personal device, use this app with your own iPhone iPad, or iPod.
Free download and install the SD iOS passcode unlocker software on your PC or Mac.
Check this video tutorial about how to reset Screen Time Passcode on your iPhone, iPad or iPod via our recommendation software. This iOS unlocker software can also remove Apple ID, and screen lock passcode.
Step 1: Launch the SD screen time passcode unlocker software on your computer.
Step 2：Plug your iPhone or iPad into the computer with a USB cable (Enter your passcode to unlock it when the software is detecting the device). And Choose Unlock Screen Time Passcode.
This app is capable of removing your Screen Time and Restrictions Passcode.
Step 3: Click Start to unlock.
Step 4: The software shows you the message unlocked successfully. The process is easy and fast in less than one minute. When your iPhone opens again, during the setup of Apps & Data screen, choose Don’t transfer Apps & Data. Enter your Apple ID password to set it up. When it comes to the Screen Time page, choose Set up Later in Settings. Later, you can turn on Screen Time, and thus you can change your screen time passcode to a new one or never turn it on.
If you have family sharing, after removing the kid’s screen time passcode, you can turn on it again and change your kids’ screen time passcode. The question on the top can be resolved by the Part 2 Method successfully.
If your Screen Time Passcode won’t change, we recommend you to try the above methods. If you entered the Apple ID and password the previous time you set it up, resetting the screen time passcode is simple with the Part 1 method. If you didn’t enter your Apple ID when setting up your screen time passcode or Apple Screen Time Passcode Recovery not work for you, choose the software way. We have proved the smart app of the iOS Screen Time Passcode Unlocker software is stable and effective. It’s worth mentioning that resetting and changing the screen time passcode via the app is safe and great without data loss. Nobody wants to lose his precious personal data.
You may also want to read: