When you head to sign out your Apple ID on the iPhone or iPad, just find the grey out sign out button with the message ” Sign-out is not available due to restrictions”. What should you do?
Take heart, you can fix the problem by removing the “restrictions”. This because you have turned on the screen time or even lock the feature with screen time password. In this article, we will show you how to successfully fix it and sign out.
There are the following occasions about this problem. sign-out is not available due to restrictions problem may happen on your own device or your child’s device when you have family sharing. You can turn the screen time off free by yourself to fix it. Or if failed, you can use the third-party software we have tested useful to remove the Apple ID.
Do not forget to take fresh backup on iTunes or iCloud before you begin the below process. You may need to restore from this fresh backup later. Thus you won’t lose your data. Note that signing out the Apple ID will erase your data.
Method 1: Free Fix by turning off Screen Time manually.
Sign-out is not available on your personal device fix solution.
- Head to the Settings app.
- Tap Screen Time
- Once at the Screen Time screen, scroll all the way down and choose “Turn Off Screen Time”
- Your iPhone/iPad will ask you to enter your Screen Time Passcode. Do so to proceed.
Hooray. Now you can sign out your Apple ID successfully from Settings> [your name]> Sign Out.
Sign-out is not available on your child’s device fix solution (with family sharing on).
- On the organizer’s iPhone or iPad, Choose the Child’s name under Family.
- Tap Turn off Screen Time.
- Enter the screen time password you have set for your Child’s iPhone or iPad (not your passcode).
Thankfully, you are able to sign out from your child’s device.
Method 2：Use this SD iPhone unlocker to remove Apple ID.
First of all, turn off Find My on your iPhone or iPad.
To turn off Find My iPhone/iPad, go to settings > [your name] > Find My. Tap it and toggle the Find My iPhone or Find My iPad off. You will be asked to enter your Apple ID password. Do so to proceed. Afterwards, the Find My is turned off on your devices.
Later, you can use this method with the following situations.
With this third-party software, you don’t need to turn off screen time to sign out. The software will remove Apple ID directly.
- sign-out is not available due to restrictions on your device or your child’s device without family sharing. And you want to sign out the Apple ID
- Sign-out is not available due to restrictions on the child’s device with the organizer’s family sharing and screen time passcode. This app can help you remove the Apple ID on both devices.
To sign out your Apple ID via the software, free download this app on your PC or Mac.
Step 1: Start the app and Go to the Unlock Apple ID section.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer with USB.
Step 3: Click start to unlock your Apple ID.
When your iPhone burst into life, it will ask you to enter your Apple ID. Now your old Apple ID has been signed out and you can sign in with your another Apple ID. You can restore your iPhone/iPad from your latest backup after switching the Apple ID.
You may also want to read: