Are you looking for how to reset iPhone without password or computer? We know that…
Are you looking for how to hard reset iPhone 11?
A hard reset of iPhone 11 can help you get a quick fix of your iPhone 11 errors, software crashes errors, or iPhone stuck, etc. Before using any software tools to solve the daily iPhone 11 issue, most people will hard reset the iPhone to try to fix the unexpected errors. Some problems can be fixed only by a hard reset, some won’t even get fixed. This may be difficult to ascertain, but it’s worth a shot.
In this article, we’ll share our tutorial on how to hard reset iPhone 11 and our expert picks of the best software tool to hard reset iPhone 11.
This article works for hard resetting all iPhone 11 models, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Why Do You Need to Hard Reset iPhone 11?
People accidentally get a black screen or white screen iPhone, stuck on headphone mode, or iPhone that can’t turn on, or a frozen iPhone 11, etc. in daily use. If the iPhone is not physically damaged, they can probably fix it by a hard reset on the device. Apps on iPhone 11 that got crashed or stuck on iPhone may also be fixed by a hard reset. Knowing how to hard reset iPhone 11 is the basic skill to repair your iPhone errors by yourself.
Other people may want to completely hard factory reset the iPhone 11 to wipe all data and content on it. Maybe you want to transfer your iPhone 11 to others, sell it, or trade in it. To protect your data safely, you’d like to master factory reset it by erasing everything, like formatting a hard disk.
In brief words, people mainly want to hard reset iPhone 11 with these needs.
- Help you fix various iPhone 11 errors.
- Simple master reset or reset the iPhone 11 to factory settings, wiping all data.
Option 1. How to hard reset iPhone 11 – force hard reset with buttons.
Force reboot iPhone 11 is also called a hard reset of iPhone 11 by many people, which is also called a hard restart. Check the following steps to hard reset iPhone 11 to fix common issues. Note that the button(home button/side button/volume up(down) buttons) hard reset won’t lose your data. It’s also called a hard reboot or force restart on your iPhone. It’s helpful to state the problem a different way: Your iPhone force restart(reboot/hard reset with buttons) means that it forcibly turns off and quickly back on.
- Press and quickly release the volume up button
- press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the side button.
Although there are lots of people doing the same actions as the above actions, some of them also can’t hard reset an iPhone 11. Check our guide on how to fix when iPhone won’t hard reset iPhone Won’t Hard Reset – How to Fix It.
Here we offer two tips:
- After pressing and releasing the volume up button, you need to press the volume down button immediately. Keep the interval short.
- Press the buttons hard.
Both are the key points to ensure a successful hard reset on iPhone 11.
Option 2. Hard Reset iPhone 11 – Factory Reset with an App.
We share our expert pick of the SD iOS System Recovery, which can factory reset an iPhone 11 to default settings and fix 50+ iPhone issues. Whether your iPhone 11 is disabled, keeps restarting, can’t turn on, or is stuck on the Apple logo, stuck on recovery mode, stuck on restoring, the SD iOS System Recovery can forcibly hard factory reset it or fix the issues.
Hard reset iPhone 11 with this app will reset it to factory settings and erase all data on the devices.
To use the app to factory reset iPhone 11, firstly free download and install it on your PC or Mac computer.
Steps to hard reset iPhone 11 with SD iOS System Recovery.
Step 1. Start the app and head to the iOS System Recovery module.
Step 2. Click the Start option and connect your iPhone 11 to your computer.
If your iPhone is not detected by the computer or nothing happens, for example, a disabled iPhone 11. First, enter the recovery mode following the screen directions to factory reset, if failed, don’t forget to put your iPhone 11 to DFU to let the app detect and reset the issued iPhone 11.
If it is an iPhone 11 with an unlocking screen, you won’t need to put it into recovery mode. The software can connect it easily.
Step 3. Choose Advanced Mode and Click Confirm button.
Step 4. View, choose firmware versions and download the firmware.
The software will recommend you the firmware versions, choose the version you want, and download it.
Step 5. Click Fix when the downloading and verifying process is completed.
Wait for a few moments, your iPhone 11 will force factory reset with your choosing iOS firmware versions. After the iPhone 11 restart with Hello Screen of multiple languages, set it up. Thus, your iPhone 11 will be factory reset to default settings like you just buy it.
Video Tutorial on How to Hard Reset iPhone 11.
Option 3. Hard Reset iPhone 11 with iTunes or Finder.
This is an easy option to reset your iPhone to factory default for free. iTunes/Finder can restore your iPhone 11 to factory settings if it can detect it.
If your iPhone won’t be recognized by iTunes, put it to recovery mode or DFU mode.
Connect your iPhone 11 to a computer with Finder/iTunes, Click Trust if prompted, and click Restore iPhone option.
How to put iPhone 11 to Recovery Mode.
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Then, press and hold the side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
How to Put iPhone 11 to DFU Mode:
- Turn on your iPhone 11 and connect your iPhone 11 to the computer using lighting to USB cable.
- Press the Volume Up button and immediately press the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until your iPhone 11’s screen turns black.
- Release the Side Button and then press and hold both the Side button and Volume Down button together for approximately 5 seconds.
- Next, release the Side button, but continue to press the Volume Down button.
- If iTunes pops up a screen that iTunes has detected an iPhone in Recovery Mode and the iPhone 11 screen is black, you’ve entered the DFU mode successfully.
How to Exit DFU Mode on iPhone 11.
If you entered DFU mode on your iPhone 11, and want to exit the DFU mode, here is how to do it.
- Press the Volume Up button on your iPhone 11 and quickly release it.
- Press the Volume Down button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on your iPhone 11’s screen.
We hope this article helped you find how to hard reset iPhone 11. You may also want to see our tutorial on How to Factory Reset iPhone 11 without Password, How to Transfer Photos from Your iPhone 11 to PC.