Are you finding that there is no option to change your screen time Passcode？ How…
If you find that your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) shows you that your “iPhone Unavailable” or “Security Lockout”, what should you do?
Have you noticed the new updated screen on your iPhone X, XR, XS(Max) saying that “iPhone Unavailable” or “Security lockout”? It’s not strange if you feel it’s unacquainted. Yes, actually, they are new screens or messages showings on iPhones after iOS 15.2. There are many people who may ask “what does it mean?”. You are not alone.
What does it Mean when your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) says iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout?
Your iPhone X, iPhone XR iPhone XS, or XS Max is not available to you when you entered many incorrect passcode attempts in a group in the first place. You can’t access your iPhone to use it. Once you input the correct passcode entry, the problem will be solved after the onscreen waiting time is up. We mainly discuss the solutions when you forgot the passcode.
At face value, the iPhone unavailable screen is different from the saying Security Lockout. However, the real cause and fix solutions are the same. And they are both the same pattern problems (you can also call as errors) actually for entering failed passcode attempts. Then the Apple security measure is aroused to keep the data safe.
The more failed passcode attempts, the longer time you need to try again. The limiting case is that you will see the saying iPhone unavailable or security lockout with no time.
It means you have no choice but to reset your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) to unlock it. Even if you remember your passcode, there is no opportunity for you to try any passcode attempts.
Even many people got an iPhone Unavailable/Security Lockout screen that happened out of nowhere. It’s not because of you or the failed passcode attempts. You are not alone. Even though you’d like to know why it happened, there is no answer from Apple support. They only tell you to reset your iPhones to enable it again. What really matters most is to open it to use. And make sure to back up your devices regularly.
What Should You do? The solutions are slightly different for your conditions. We’ll guide you comprehensively.
Solution 1: Tap Erase iPhone on Device.
- The iPhone Unavailable screen or the Security lockout screen shows you the Erase iPhone option.
Note that there are many tests showing that not all devices running iOS 15.2 or later have this option. Generally speaking, it’s caused by that Apple has released slightly different software versions on devices.
- Know your Apple ID password to sign out.
Steps for Unlock iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) via Erase iPhone.
- When you get to the iPhone Unavailable/Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes screen or later more minutes, Tap Erase iPhone.
- Tap Erase iPhone.
- Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your iCloud.
- Tap Erase iPhone to delete all of your data and settings.
- When your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) restarts, set it up again or restore it from your backups.
Solution 2. Unlock iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) with SD iPhone Passcode Unlocker.
Requirements: A computer PC or Mac. USB cable.
SD iPhone Passcode Unlocker is a lightweight and user-friendly app to unlock the iPhone passcode and help you reset it without a password. The algorithm of the app will detect your iPhone models automatically and unlock them with its software packages. It’s also capable of helping people remove Apple ID and screen time passcode.
Note when you need to unlock the Unavailable or security lockout iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) once you forgot your passcode, you should reset your iPhone and erase all data, there are no other exceptions. SD iPhone Unlocker will also reset and wipe all data on it.
Firstly, free download the software, either PC or Mac version on your computer.
1. Install and launch the app. Click Unlock Screen Passcode.
2. Click Start and connect your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) to your computer.
3. Put your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) to recovery mode. Follow the onscreen instructions or the below text tutorial.
Button operations for putting iPhone X/XR/XS(Max):
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Immediately. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
4. Click Download to download the firmware.
During the process, if your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) exits recovery mode after 15 minutes, please put it in recovery mode again.
5. Click Unlock when the screen shows you that the software package verifying finished.
6. Enter 000000 to confirm Unlock.
Later, the app will show you unlock is complete. Wait for your iPhone to restart, and set it up or restore it from your iCloud or iTunes backup, or other backups.
Solution 3: Fix iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) unavailable or security lockout via Finder or iTunes.
Requirements: Find My iPhone is turned off. You have a computer.
- Launch Finder or iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) to your computer with the USB cable.
- Put your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) in recovery mode (refer to solution 2 step 3).
- When the screen prompts, Click restore and update. Click Restore.
- Wait for the downloading process for iOS software. During the process, if your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) exits recovery mode after 15 minutes, please put it in recovery mode again.
When your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) restarts, just set it up again.
Solution 4. Unlock iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) unavailable or security lockout online via iCloud.
A solution even if you don’t have a computer.
Besides the locked iPhone, you have another device, smartphone or tablet, or other devices online that can surf the internet and open the web browser.
The locked iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) is online and it has turned on Find My before lockout.
You know your Apple ID and password on the security lockout iPhone.
Even if you have no computer, if you meet the above requirements, you can also fix your security lockout device.
Open www.iCloud.com with any of your browsers on your device. Log in with your Apple ID credentials of the lockout iPhone X, XR, XS, or XS Max.
Click all devices. Find your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) on the map and tap Erase. Enter your Apple ID password. Confirm Erase. Erase.
Later, your iPhone will start to erase itself and reinstall the iOS software if it’s connected to the internet, either Wi-Fi or the cellular network. You can set it up again.
We hope this article helped you find what to do if your iPhone X/XR/XS(Max) says “iPhone Unavailable” or “Security Lockout”. You may also like our tutorial on How to Reset iPad Mini without Password, How to Sign out of Apple ID on iPhone.