Forgot your screen time passcode on your iPhone or iPad, and are you looking for…
What is the Default Screen Time Passcode
You may ask “what is the default screen time passcode?” or “Is there a default screen time passcode?”
We’ve also encountered the unknown default screen time passcode problems. If you turn on screen time, you didn’t set up a screen time passcode. But after a while, it automatically turned on a screen time passcode for you. You are still sure that you didn’t set up a screen time passcode. What happened？ What exactly is your default screen time passcode？
We’ve dived into the problems that what is a default screen time passcode and why there is a default screen time passcode.
Your default screen time passcode is a four-digit password that is related to your previous actions on using the screen time, which you might have forgotten.
What is your default Screen Time Passcode and What on earth happened?
There may be mainly three reasons causing a default screen time passcode issue through our expert experiences and tests. The default screen time passcode is a four-digit password. It may happen in the following situations.
- You have a default screen time passcode caused that you disabled screen time without turning off the screen time passcode completely. You seemed to turn off the screen time and all settings. Actually, you still have the previous screen time passcode there. Next time when you enable the screen time feature again, it still uses the last screen time passcode that you used before. Of cause, it’s not your fault. Stay tuned. We’ll show you in Part 1 how to turn off the screen time passcode completely.
After a long time, you’ve forgotten about the last use of the screen time and the screen time passcode. When people update the iOS software versions or enable the screen time again, the old screen time passcode may be triggered on some software versions.
- Your default screen time passcode is your restrictions pin code. If you update your system from the older versions of iOS 12, in which you set up a restriction pin code, the screen time passcode will inherit the restrictions passcode. In this case, your default screen time passcode is the previous restrictions passcode.
- You have a family sharing screen time passcode you may have no idea about it when it’s enabled as default. If your screen time passcode is set up on an organizer’s device via family sharing. There is a screen time passcode that you can’t change on your iPhone or iPad.Some people may take it as the default screen time passcode, as they won’t do anything to change it on the devices.
- Your default screen time passcode comes with restoring your backups. When you restore a previous backup that enabled the screen time password, the screen time settings and the password, and all the other settings will come along after you restore the backup file from iTunes/Finder or iCloud. This is also a kind of default screen time pin code. On the iPhone, if you back up everything, then you will restore everything including previous passwords and settings.
- Other unknown reasons that cause the passcode happens. Screen time is a powerful and complicated developed tool. And Apple has always been improving this feature and empowering the screen time restrictions to do what more people want to monitor the iPhone. You may encounter your default screen time passcode problems on different iOS versions. Maybe also the issue will disappear after your update your iOS system.
Family sharing screen time pin code is set up mostly by the parents to monitor the children’s screen time. If you are not aware of this, you may think the screen time passcode is a default one.
Once you reach the app limits or other screen time limits, your iPhone will lock the screen. You can’t bypass the restricted screen unless you know the pin. What you consider as the default screen time passcode is not the default pin. It’s indeed a screen time password set up through family sharing.
If you want to know how to remove the screen time passcode in a family member’s device, refer to our tutorial. Forgot Screen Time Passcode for Child How to Reset It.
In the below Part 1 and Part 2, we will resolve your default screen time passcode in flexible ways. You may have forgotten what is your default screen time passcode now.
Part 1. How to completely remove the default screen time passcode?
Let’s explain it. For the automatically turned-on default screen time passcode, if you know it’s your previous screen time passcode, things become simple. If you remember your previous screen time passcode, just follow the below steps to remove it. Don’t pass the steps to turn off the screen time passcode first. Only by following the right steps, you can turn off the default turned-on screen time passcode completely.
Remember the previous default screen time pin.
- Tap Settings> Screen Time.
- Tap Change Screen Time Passcode > Turn Off Screen Time Passcode.
- Enter your screen time passcode.
You will see the Change Screen Time Passcode turned into the Use Screen Time Passcode option.
In this way, you’ve completely disabled the screen time Passcode. When you want to disable screen time. On the screen time page, tap Turn off Screen Time.
Forgot the default screen time passcode but remember your Apple ID.
If you forgot your previous screen time passcode as your default screen time password now, you can also get rid of it with your Apple ID & Passcode.
- Tap Screen Time > Screen Time.
- Tap Change Screen Time Passcode > Tap Turn off Screen Time Passcode.
- Tap Forgot Passcode?
- Enter your Apple ID, then click OK. Enter your Apple ID password, and click OK.
Then you’ll notice the “Use Screen Time Passcode” option.
Tap Turn off Screen Time if you won’t use the Screen Time feature.
If you only Tap Turn off Screen Time, without turning off the screen time passcode, once you enable the screen time again, there is a possibility that you’ll find a default screen time passcode. It’s a safe way for you to avoid the default screen time passcode problem again by turning off the screen time first.
Video Tutorial to take off the default screen time passcode via buttons.
Part 2. An alternative method to solve the default screen time issue via software.
The software can remove both the screen time passcode and the restrictions pin code. Both passwords can be removed by the app, even if it’s unknown default screen time passcode for you.
If the default screen time passcode issue occurs on your devices, and you can’t resolve it with the methods in Part 1. You can still use the third-party software to take off the default screen time passcode, even if you can’t remember or have no idea of the default screen time passcode.
To use the app, you need to purchase a license for registering the app. Free Download and install the app on your computer.
Step 1. Launch the app and head to Unlock Screen Time Passcode.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone or iPad with the unknown default screen time passcode with the lightning to USB cable. Click Trust if it is prompted.
Step 3. Choose How is the screen time passcode set up on your iPhone or iPad.
On the How is the Screen Time Passcode Set Up page, choose “Set Directly on Device” or “Set through Family Sharing” according to your screen time passcode setting choices.
- If you choose the Set Directly on Device with the app, you will remove the forgotten default screen time passcode without data loss, no restore.
- If you choose Set through Family Sharing with the app, you will remove the default screen time passcode by factory resetting the devices and you should avoid using your previous Apple ID to prevent the screen time passcode from turning up in family sharing when you set up the iPhone after using the app.
Take tap Set directly on Device for example.
Step 4. Enter your purchased registration code. Make sure to turn off Find My iPhone. If not, turn off Find My iPhone/iPad. Then Click Start on the app.
Wait for one minute or so, When the screen shows you are done, wait for the iPhone to get restarted.
Set up the iPhone or iPad meticulously following the app screen directions.
We also create a video tutorial to help you fully set up the iPhone with no data loss.
Video Tutorial to remove the default screen time passcode with the App.
Part 3. Force Restart your iPhone or update your iOS software.
If your default screen time won’t change, turn off or reset. You can force restart your iPhone to fix the glitches. You can also back up your iPhone and then update your iOS software to fix the default screen time passcode issues. Make sure to back up your iPhone before a new update to ensure your data is safe.
How to Back Up Your iPhone/iPad.
If those above free ways to get rid of the default screen time passcode way won’t work for you. The third-party software is exactly a problem solver. You can try to solve the default passcode with the app, which has helped thousands and millions of people to remove the screen time passcode.
We hope this article helped you learn what is a default screen passcode and why there is one. You may also be interested in our articles on How to Take Off Screen Time or Limits without Password for Free, How to Factory Reset iPad without Apple ID & Password, How Do I Completely Reset All Screen Time Settings, What Happens After 10 Failed Screen Time Passcode Attempts.
If you like this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for reliable software tips and tutorials. You can also find us on Facebook and Pinterest.
This Post Has 0 Comments