What happens after 10 failed screen time passcode attempts? You may wonder what to do if you forgot your screen time passcode. Will it lock my iPhone or iPad that causes me to reset it? Then how to change or reset the Screen Time Passcode after failed attempts?
The answer is:
You still need to wait for 60 minutes to Try again, and No, your iPhone or iPad will not be locked, but you can’t change any screen time related settings until you enter the correct screen time passcode. Here’s your solution to remove or reset Screen Time passcode after failed screen time password attempts without data erasing.
What is Screen Time Passcode & Why So Many Screen Time Passcode Failed Attempts?
Screen Time Passcode is the password that you can lock the Screen Time settings and the whole app usage of your iDevices, such as the downtime, app limits, communication limits, content & privacy restrictions, and more. Screen Time Passcode can be used to control personal screen time and also regulate the family sharing Screen Time. Nowadays, screen time passcode is widely applied in Parental Control. See More about what is screen time passcode and the fix solutions of forgotten screen time passcode on a personal device and forgotten screen time passcode on the child’s iPhone/iPad.
There are the following reasons for lots of failed screen time passcode attempts on the iPhone or iPad:
- Unlock the app limit or remove screen time related limit of the member’s iDevice in family sharing without the passcode, then enter many wrong passwords.
- Forgot your personal screen time passcode or Forgot your child’s screen time passcode.
- You want to turn off Screen Time without Passcode because you can’t remember the passcode or feel tired to use too many passwords.
- Can’t reset or can’t change the screen time passcode for unknown reasons or errors.
- Other troublesome problems in using screen time even if you know the passcode or can’t figure out the password.
- Have a transferred iPhone or iPad with Screen Time turned on but without the screen time passcode, causing trouble in using your iDevice.
No matter whatever the reason is, you want to find out a quick solution after many screen time password failed attempts either by turning screen time off or reset the screen time passcode. Thankfully, many failed screen time passcode won’t lock your iPhone/iPad/iPod. Read the following facts in Part 1 about what happens after 10 failed screen time passcode attempts and solutions in Part 2 on how to fix forgotten screen time passcode by resetting it.
Part 1: What Happens After 10 Failed Screen Time Passcode Attempts
An escalating waiting time will be triggered for more wrong screen time passcode attempts.
- 6 failed screen time passcode attempts, try again in 1 minute.
- 7 failed screen time passcode attempts, try again in 5 minutes.
- 8 failed screen time passcode attempts, try again in 15 minutes.
- 9 failed passcode attempts, try again in 60 minutes.
- 10 failed screen time passcode attempts, try again in 60 minutes.
- 11 failed screen time passcode attempts, try again in 60 minutes.
Now How Many Failed Passcode Attempts for Your iPhone/iPad Screen time?
Answer: 10 or more attempts.
If you try more than 10 attempts, it will only limit you to try again in one hour. If you know the iPhone won’t be locked for numerous screen time passcode attempts, why do you need to be disturbed by this problem? If you have any chance to remember your password, you can still try again after waiting for some time.
The answer is different from that What happens after 10 failed screen lock passcodes attempts.
In the 10 incorrect screen lock passcode entries in a row situation, the answer is:
The iDevice should show you “Your iPhone/iPad is Disabled, connect to iTunes”. It means that your iDevice is completely self-locked. You need to erase all data your iDevice to reenable it. We have covered the content about How to reset your iPhone/iPad If you forgot passcode. You can refer to that. But remember that there is not a way in the software market to reset it without data losing.
Now let’s back to the topic about what happens after 10 failed screen time passcode attempts.
First, your device is not locked. But if you add many limits on screen time passcode, it becomes inconvenient for you to use your iPhone or iPad.
Then you might want to remove the screen time passcode or recover it, or even turn off screen time passcode. Because you can’t remember it. You may wonder how to get into your limit app and remove the screen time passcode?
How to reset or change the Screen Time Passcode after failed attempts? Continue reading Part 2 & Part 3.
Part 2. Reset your Screen Time Passcode using Apple ID.
The Apple official recommends you a way that is very easy to recover your screen time passcode if you entered your Apple ID when you set up your iDevice(iPhone/iPad/iPod) screen time passcode.
- After 10 failed screen time passcode attempts, on your iDevice, Tap Settings > Screen time, then tap Change Screen Time passcode > Change Screen Time passcode or Turn off Screen Time.
- Tap “Forgot Passcode?” on the pop-up window. Enter your Apple ID credential. And your iDevice should return the status of screen time passcode disabled.
In this way, you will remove your screen time passcode after 10 times failed attempts.
Part 3. Remove your Screen Time passcode via SD iPhone Unlocker.
Here we also offer a quick solution if you didn’t set your Apple ID during the passcode setup. Luckily this is a great method without sacrifice your data. You can remove your screen time passcode without data loss in a few clicks on PC or Mac. Unlike that, if you unlock the screen time passcode using iTunes, you will need to reset your iPhone/iPad.
Note the following when you using this method:
- Disable Find My.
- Set up your iPhone or iPad again without data loss after you remove the screen time passcode. Follow the on-screen options.
Step 1：Launch the app and Head to Unlock Screen Time Passcode.
Step 2：Turn off find my iPhone /iPad first. And connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer.
This software requires you to turn off the function of Find My.
Go to settings>[your name]>Find My, Turn off Find my iPhone or iPad here by entering your Apple ID password.
Step 3: Click Start to Unlock button to remove your screen time passcode.
The process only takes a few seconds.
This method is easy, secure, and fast. If you have any questions about using this SD iPhone unlocker to unlock your screen time passcode, please share your comments below. We will try out best to help you.
Common Questions & Answers:
1. Will reset all settings remove screen time passcode?
No, it won’t. Reset all settings from the Settings app won’t get rid of the screen time password.
2. What does a screen time passcode do?
The screen time password is the four-digit password that used along with the Screen Time feature with iPhone/iPad/iPod. Screen time passcode is capable of locking the Screen Time settings of iDevice, such as downtime, app limits, contacts communication limits, content & privacy restrictions, and more. Screen time passcode can be used to limit the screen time of your personal device or your family member’s device(with family sharing on). It is widely used to regulate the usage of a child’s iPhone or iPad for parental control. As is known to all that Apple’s screen time app is one of the best parental control apps. Screen time passcode is the lock of the overall iPhone content and settings, and the app usage time. It monitors you how much time you and your child spend on your iPhone/iPad/iPod. It can help you imit excessive screen time and keep a good habit to use a mobile phone with a password.
3. Common screen time passcodes? How to guess or hack the screen time password?
It is not easy to guess a four-digit screen time password. With the increased awareness of cybersecurity, people tend to avoid using easily cracked passwords and common password patterns like “1234” or the date of Birthday. Because there is a good chance that if your phone is stolen or lost, criminals could get into your phone within their first few attempts. So you are less likely to guess the password.
You may also want to read troubleshooting tips about how to fix Screen Time Passcode won’t Change.More troubleshooting resolutions about screen time passcode Please refer to What to do if you forgot your Screen Time Passcode.
4. Can this SD iPhone unlocker bypass iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max) screen time passcode or other iPhone X/8/7/6 screen time passcode?
Yes. this SD iPhone unlocker is capable of getting rid of forgotten screen time passcode on all models of iDevices running iOS 14/13/12, like iPhone 4/5/6/6s/6s Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, and as well as iPhone X/Xs Max, and iPhone 11(Pro, Max).
5. Is there any free tool to remove screen time and restriction passcode?
For ios 12 and earlier versions, Pinfinder is a reputable free tool to help you to get rid of screen time passcode, which supports devices running iOS 7 or later, all the way through to iOS 12.4 – iOS 13 and 13.1 are not supported. The free software also supports Mac, Windows, and Linux.