Are you seeing the “iPhone is Disabled try again in 1 hour”,” iPhone is disabled…
What happens after 10 failed screen time passcode attempts (iOS 15/14/13/12) or restriction passcode attempts? You may wonder what to do if you forgot your screen time passcode on your iPhone or iPad. Will it lock my iPhone or iPad that causes me to reset it? Then how to change or reset the Screen Time Passcode after failed attempts?
The answer is:
When you forgot your screen time password, you still need to wait for 60 minutes(1 hour) to try again. And No, your iPhone or iPad will not be locked, but you can’t change any screen time related settings until you enter the correct screen time passcode. Here’s your solution to remove or reset the Screen Time Passcode after failed screen time password attempts without data erasing.
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll learn in this article:
- What is Screen Time Passcode & Why So Many Screen Time Passcode Failed Attempts?
- Part 1: What Happens After 10 Failed Screen Time Passcode Attempts.
- How to Reset or Change the Screen Time Passcode after Failed Attempts When You Forgot the Password?
- Part 2. Reset your Screen Time Passcode using Apple ID.
- Part 3. Remove your Screen Time passcode via SD iPhone Unlocker.
- Part 4: An Unusual Case and Resolutions: Just set up screen time passcode and it’s saying wrong.
- Part 5: Common Questions & Answers.
What is Screen Time Passcode & Why So Many Screen Time Passcode Failed Attempts?
Screen Time Passcode is the password that you can lock the Screen Time settings and the whole app usage of your iDevices, such as the downtime, app limits, communication limits, content & privacy restrictions, and more. Screen Time Passcode can be used to control personal screen time and also regulate the family sharing Screen Time.
Read more here if you are not familiar with a screen time password and how to set it up.
Nowadays, screen time passcode is widely applied in Parental Control. There are the following reasons for lots of failed screen time passcode attempts on the iPhone or iPad:
- Forgot your personal screen time passcode or Forgot your child’s screen time passcode. So when you unlock the app limit or remove the screen time related limit of the member’s iDevice in family sharing without the passcode, then enter many wrong passwords.
- You want to turn off Screen Time, then enter too many incorrect passcode inputs without a password to disable it or can’t remember having a password on. Or you’re going to delete the screen time password because you are afraid that you can’t remember the passcode or feel tired to use too many passwords. Failed passcode attempts happen during the process.
- Can’t reset or can’t change the screen time passcode for unknown reasons or errors.
- Other troublesome problems in using screen time even if you know the passcode or can’t figure out the screen time password.
- Have a transferred iPhone or iPad with Screen Time turned on but without the screen time passcode, causing trouble in using your iDevice or factory resetting your devices.
Among these reasons, the most common reason is – Forgot your Screen Time Passcode. No matter whatever the reason is, failed screen time passcode attempts are frustrating. Any quick solutions to get rid of the screen time password failed attempts either by turning screen time off or by resetting the screen time passcode? Thankfully, many failed screen time passcode won’t lock your iPhone/iPad/iPod(your data is safe). Read the following facts in Part 1 about what happens after 10 failed screen time passcode attempts. And Read solutions in Part 2-4 on how to reset or change the Screen Time Passcode after failed attempts when you forgot the password. We provide a no data loss way in Part 3 to bypass screen time failed attempts through SD iPhone unlocker.
Part 1: What Happens After 10 Failed Screen Time Passcode Attempts.
An escalating waiting time will be triggered for more wrong screen time passcode attempts.
- 6 failed screen time passcode attempts, try again in 1 minute.
- 7 failed screen time passcode attempts, try again in 5 minutes.
- 8 failed screen time passcode attempts, try again in 15 minutes.
- 9 failed passcode attempts, try again in 60 minutes.
- 10 failed screen time passcode attempts, try again in 60 minutes.
- 11 failed screen time passcode attempts, try again in 60 minutes.
Now How Many Failed Passcode Attempts for Your iPhone/iPad Screen Time Password?
Answer: 10 or more attempts.
If you try more than 10 attempts, it will only limit you to try again in one hour. When you know the iPhone won’t be locked for numerous screen time passcode attempts, it is safe of your data on iPhone or iPad.
You can reset the screen time passcode and saving all your data without a factory reset with our method in Part 2 and Part 3. Moreover, if you have any chance to remember your password, you can still try again after waiting for some time.
Although your device is not locked when you forgot the screen time password, if you add many limits with screen time passcode, it becomes inconvenient for you to use your iPhone or iPad. Once you set downtime and app time limits, you are restricted to use your iPhone without the password. It’s so annoying.
When you can’t remember your screen time passcode, how do you get into your limited app or restricted iPhone via removing the screen time passcode? In the following parts, we will give you step by step guide about how to reset screen time passcode without password and no data loss.
In the 10 incorrect screen lock passcode entries in a row situation, the answer is different, please refer to How Many Failed Passcode Attempts on iPhone/iPad.
How to Reset or Change the Screen Time Passcode after Failed Attempts When You Forgot the Password?
Continue reading Part 2, Part 3, or Part 4.
if you guess you are right to operate the screen time passcode reset and are still unable to sync it or reset the password(or change it), head to Part 4.
Part 2. Reset your Screen Time Passcode using Apple ID.
The Apple official recommends you a way that is very easy to recover your screen time passcode if you entered your Apple ID when you set up your iDevice(iPhone/iPad/iPod) screen time passcode.
- After 10 failed screen time passcode attempts, on your iDevice, Tap Settings > Screen time, then tap Change Screen Time passcode > Change Screen Time passcode or Turn off Screen Time.
- Tap “Forgot Passcode?” on the pop-up window. Enter your Apple ID credential. And your iDevice should return the status of screen time passcode disabled.
In this way, you will remove your screen time passcode after 10 times failed attempts.
Part 3. Remove your Screen Time passcode via SD iPhone Unlocker.
Here we also offer a quick solution if you didn’t set your Apple ID during the passcode setup. Luckily this is a great method without sacrifice your data. You can remove your screen time passcode without data loss in a few clicks on a PC or Mac. Unlike that, if you unlock the screen time passcode using iTunes, you will need to reset your iPhone/iPad.
Note the following when you using this method:
- Disable Find My.
- Set up your iPhone or iPad again without data loss after you remove the screen time passcode. Follow the on-screen options.
Step 1：Launch the app and Head to Unlock Screen Time Passcode.
Step 2：Turn off find my iPhone /iPad first. And connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer.
This software requires you to turn off the function of Find My.
Go to settings>[your name]>Find My, Turn off Find my iPhone or iPad here by entering your Apple ID password.
Step 3: Click Start to Unlock button to remove your screen time passcode.
The process only takes a few seconds.
This method is easy, secure, and fast. If you have any questions about using this SD iPhone unlocker to unlock your screen time passcode, please share your comments below. We will try our best to help you.
Part 4: An Unusual case and resolution: Just set up screen time passcode and it’s saying wrong.
How to Remove Screen Time Passcode failed Attempts when it won’t work after resetting it as a new password, how to remove or reset/sync it without software(Free).
(Share one usual & weird software issue & resolutions)
When you saw several failed screen time passcode attempts, you wait for the try again minutes. And later, you turn off the screen time and turn it on again. Just find that when you tap the option of the last failed screen time attempts to change limits or settings, the red message is still there. You enter the new screen time passcode and it won’t work. Yes, you have changed the screen time passcode. But it won’t recognize it.
In a word, you have just successfully reset the screen time passcode but when unlocking the screen time related settings of my iPhone using the new passcode, it doesn’t work. Although there were many times I was successful with resetting the screen time passcode and all the passcode did not work.
As a result, 17 failed screen time passcode attempts for my iPhone today(lasting for half a day). Even when I entered the Apple ID via Screen Time Passcode Recovery, the failed passcode attempts were added.
Dramatically we reset the screen time passcode successfully in the end. Hopefully, it will work for you if the usual scenario happens to you. Likely, there may be some software issues with the Screen Time app.
Option 1: Force Reboot the iPhone and try to change the passcode again to see if it works.
To force reboot the phone: press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
This time after the force reboot of the iPhone. Head to Settings > Screen Time > Change Screen Time Passcode > Change Screen Time Passcode > Forgot Passcode > Enter Apple ID. After entering Apple ID & password. Later, my iPhone let me enter the new passcode. Hooray, the 17 failed screen time passcode attempts disappeared. All work as normal after a force reboot.
If option 1 is not viable for you, turn to option 2.
Option 2：Screen Time Passcode Won’t Sync Troubleshooting – Backup and Update the iOS System.
Be careful with this method. Do back up your device Before updating the iOS system in case of any possible errors during the update. If you have any existing iOS system problems, fix them with iOS system recovery.
If force reboot didn’t fix it, try the following software troubleshooting methods.
Do a fully encrypted backup of your whole device, and then update it to the latest iOS 13/14/15 version. The latest versions may overcome weird software issues.
Cannot turn off your screen time passcode because of the prompted failed screen time passcode message? We suggest you turn to the third-party software SD iPhone passcode unlocker. (the above one)
Hopefully, one of the steps should do the trick.
Part 5: Common Questions & Answers:
1. How to Set Screen Time Passcode on iPhone/iPad/Mac?
We have covered a detailed article on What is screen time passcode and how to turn on it.
2. Will reset all settings remove screen time passcode?
[Updated] Reset all settings from the Settings app will get rid of the screen time password, but you need to know your screen time passcode and screen lock passcode and enter them before tapping “Reset All Settings”. (iOS 14.6 or later proved)
3. What does a screen time passcode do?
The screen time password is the four-digit password used along with the Screen Time feature with iPhone/iPad/iPod. Screen time passcode is capable of locking the Screen Time settings of iDevice, such as downtime, app limits, contacts communication limits, content & privacy restrictions, and more. Screen time passcode can be used to limit the screen time of your personal device or your family member’s device(with family sharing on). It is widely used to regulate the usage of a child’s iPhone or iPad for parental control. As is known to all that Apple’s screen time app is one of the best parental control apps. Screen time passcode is the lock of the overall iPhone content and settings, and the app usage time. It monitors how much time you and your child spend on your iPhone/iPad/iPod. It can help you limit excessive screen time and keep a good habit to use a mobile phone with a password.
4. Common screen time passcodes? How to guess or hack the screen time password?
It is not easy to guess a four-digit screen time password. With the increased awareness of cybersecurity, people tend to avoid using easily cracked passwords and common password patterns like “1234” or the date of Birthday. Because there is a good chance that if your phone is stolen or lost, criminals could get into your phone within their first few attempts. So you are less likely to guess the password.
You may also want to read troubleshooting tips about how to fix Screen Time Passcode Won’t Change. More troubleshooting resolutions about screen time passcode Please refer to What to do If you forgot your Screen Time Passcode.
5. Can this SD iPhone unlocker bypass iPhone 11(12)/11(12) Pro(Max) screen time passcode or other iPhone X/8/7/6 screen time passcode?
Yes. this SD iPhone unlocker is capable of getting rid of forgotten screen time passcode on all models of iDevices running iOS 14/13/12, like iPhone 4/5/6/6s/6s Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, and as well as iPhone X/Xs Max, and iPhone 11(Pro, Max), iPhone 12/12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro(Max).
6. Is there any free tool to remove screen time and restriction passcode?
For ios 12 and earlier versions, Pinfinder is a reputable free tool to help you to get rid of screen time passcode, which supports devices running iOS 7 or later, all the way through to iOS 12.4 – iOS 13 and 13.1 are not supported. The free software also supports Mac, Windows, and Linux.
7. Forgot Child’s Screen time Passcode, what should I do?
Read More about what is screen time passcode and the fix solutions of forgotten screen time passcode on a personal device and forgotten screen time passcode on the child’s iPhone/iPad. Refer to this article: What to do if I Forgot Child’s Screen Time Passcode?