How do I retrieve deleted text messages on My iPhone 11 Pro Max? They are important to me. Please help.
Text Messaging App is one kind of the most used apps in our lives today. iMessages, SMS, MMS messages, and lots of Instant Chat messages should mean a lot to us. We communicate with people who matter to us or we care a lot or communicate with significant, private, and secure service via using the messaging app. How to recover text messages when you accidentally delete them on iPhone?
If you do regular backups on your iPhone via iCloud or iTunes, or with third-party backup software, this is not a big problem to recover deleted messages via the corresponding way. When you do not have any backups, there is a chance for you to recover with iPhone data recovery software in Part 2.
In the article, we will show you four simple ways to recover deleted text messages. These ways work for all iPhone models including iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max), iPhone X/8/7/6, and more previous models.
Part 1: Recover text message from iTunes/Finder backup on your Mac or PC.
Generally, you have either iCloud backup or iTunes/Finder backup turning on at the same time. You can switch backup via the two ways whenever you like.
For those who back up the iPhone through iTunes or Finder, you can apple this way to retrieve text messages. Likewise, your iPhone data will be overwritten by the iTunes backup for message recovery.
- Open iTunes or Finder.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and locate it on iTunes or Finder. When asked, tap Trust on your phone.
- Choose Restore Backup and turn off Find My on your handset. Pick the most relevant backup. Confirm it.
- Wait and your iPhone will be restored and overwritten by the data of that day. Follow the onscreen steps to finish the setup. When complete, check if you have got the back from the messages app. If you have backed up them successfully, they should be there.
Part 2: Recover via Third-Party iPhone Data Recovery software.
If you haven’t back up your iPhone on any platform or apps, you can try this SD iPhone Data Recovery software, which should recover your text messages from the iPhone device.
Advantage of this method:
The free trial version of the app lets you view the scan results of the iPhone. Besides SMS, MMS, iMessage, you can recover instant chat messages like WhatsApp, WeChat, Kik, Viber, Line, Facebook Messenger, and other text messages and also attachments of videos and photos. In fact, this app is a comprehensive iPhone data recovery to recover other important files like contacts, voice memos, Notes, Reminders, and more.
To retrieve missing text messages in this way, free download and install it on your Mac or PC.
Step 1: Install it and launch it on the computer.
Step 2: Plug into your iPhone to the Mac or PC with USB.
Step 3: Click scan and wait for the app to scan almost all types of files on your iPhone including text messages.
Step 4: When the progress bar of the scanning process complete, select from the left menu Messages, then scroll down to find out and preview which specific messages you need to recover on the right screen.
Step 5：Click Recover. Later, open the folder to view the recovered messages or photos, videos, and other type files on your computer.
Part 3：Restore deleted text messages from iCloud Backup (without a computer).
By picking this way, you are able to recover your iPhone to the snapshot with the specific date of backup which was presented with messages. Nevertheless, you may suffer from data loss, losing the data after that day on your iPhone.
The way to restore your iPhone text messages through iCloud backup is to completely erase your iPhone and later restore it with iCloud backup if you have one.
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Tap Erase All Content and Settings, when asked, enter your passcode to confirm.
2. Wait during the restart and reset process when your iPhone is downloading the iOS software and re-setup. Once it comes to the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud backup. Pick the most relevant backup.
3. Follow the on-screen steps and wait for the process to complete. When asked for your Apple ID & password, do it to proceed.
Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi or Cellular Network and having enough power, when reboot, it will redownloading the apps & data to your iPhone. Depending on the size of the backup and the network speed, it might take a few minutes or an hour to complete.
4. When your iPhone opens, go to the Messages app to find your lost messages.
Part 4. Retrieve deleted messages from your ISP or Cell Phone Service Provider.
If you have no luck to restore your text messages from the above three methods, there is still another way to try. As a last resort, you can turn to your internet service provider to access your private text messages. Either call them or go to the local service store or online official store. As this special year of 2020, many companies have reinforced the online service or store. You are entitled to obtain your text messages or call history by entering your account or identity verification information.