Whether you’re fixing your iPad issues, preparing to sell it, planning to transfer it to…
How to Reset iPad Mini without Password If Forgot
How to reset iPad Mini without password? The iPad Mini, which is the magic of the iPad in the power of your hand, is loved by people for its specific design and performance, A15 bionic chip, Superfast 5G, Beautiful design, and more. You may also forget your passcode on an iPad Mini, facing the problem of how to reset iPad Mini without a password. Even if you forgot the password on iPad Mini 1, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 5, or the new iPad Mini 6 generations, you can reset and unlock it.
In this article, we will show you four ways to reset your iPad Mini without password. You can choose one of the most convenient solutions for you.
What may happen when you forgot the passcode on your iPad Mini?
Absolutely, when you forgot your iPad Mini password, your iPad Mini will be locked out. And you can’t access any content on it.
However, Messages show differently on the iPad Mini screen when your iPad is on different iPadOS systems. They are probably saying “iPad is disabled connect to iTunes”, “iPad unavailable”, or “Security Lockout”. Take it easy, the below solutions can help you out. All you need to do is to reset your iPad Mini when it’s locked, No matter if it’s 1/2/3/4/5 or the new iPad Mini, iPad Mini 6 generations.
Solution 1. Erase your iPad Mini wirelessly with the “Erase iPad” option.
For all the newer iPadOS 15 or later systems, some people will see the screen saying “iPad unavailable/Security lockout, Try again in 15 minutes” with the “Erase iPad” option on the bottom right corner. iPadOS 16 or later also offers the option after the 7th failed passcode attempt.
It’s probably because the iPadOS15.2 or later software has different versions; some people won’t see the option. If you won’t see this option, try the other solutions below.
- Try more failed passcode attempts to get there until you see the Erase iPad option in the bottom corner of the screen.
- When you see the Erase option, tap Erase iPad. Then tap Erase iPad again to confirm.
- Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple ID on your iPad Mini.
- Tap Erase iPad to delete all of your data and settings.
- When your iPad Mini restarts, follow the onscreen directions to set it up again, restore your data from a backup, and set a new passcode.
Solution 2. Reset your iPad Mini without a password on Finder or iTunes.
Note: To use this method, you need to have “Find My iPad” off before It’s locked. If you locked to your iPad Mini with “Find my iPad” on, use method 3 to reset it.
Suppose your Find my iPad is off on your device. Unlock it with the following steps.
1. Launch Finder or iTunes and connect your iPad Mini to your computer.
2. Put it in recovery mode.
How to put iPad Mini in recovery mode.
- Connect your iPad Mini to a computer with a USB-C cable.
- Press the Volume Up button and then press the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power/Sleep button.
- Keep holding the power button and later you’ll see the iPad mini reboots and the Apple logo. Let go of the power button until you see the Recovery Mode screen on your iPad mini.
Note that On iPad Mini (6th generation), the volume controls adjust as you rotate your iPad. So you increase volume with the button on the right or top, and you decrease volume with the button on the left or bottom.
3. Click Restore iPad on the App or the prompted window. Confirm it.
4. Wait for a while (Finder or iTunes will download the restore package and install it in the background). Later, when your iPad Mini restarts with Hello screen in multi-languages, set it up or restore your iPad Mini from backups.
Solution 3. Use Third-party software to reset your iPad Mini when forgot your password.
SD iPhone Passcode Unlocker is a lightweight program to reset your iOS devices without a password. It’s our test-proven, robust, and pick software.
First, you need to download the app and install it on your PC or Mac through the corresponding buttons below.
1. Run the app and head to the “Unlock Screen Passcode” section. Click it.
2. Hit “Start” and on the next screen, it directs you to connect your iPad Mini to your computer with a USB cable.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to put your iPad Mini to recovery mode.
4. Download the firmware package to unlock your iPad Mini. Wait for a moment until the downloading and verifying firmware process is finished.
If your iPad Mini exits recovery mode, just put it in recovery mode again.
5. Hit Unlock and wait.
When the app screen shows you “Unlock is complete”, the app has finished the task to reset your iPad Mini. Wait for your iPad Mini to burst into life.
When you see your iPhone restarts with the Hello screen in multi-languages. Unplug your iPhone from your computer and reset it up.
Solution 4. Open the iCloud webpage to erase iPad Mini online.
If you know your Apple ID and password, and your Find My iPad is on, you can open the iCloud webpage to reset and erase your iPad Mini.
- Open www.iCloud.com(either on your computer or smartphone). Log in with your Apple ID credentials. Click or Tap Trust to trust the browser if it prompts on your device.
- Click All Devices (or tap on your handset). Locate your iPad Mini on the map.
- Click Erase iPad. Enter your Apple ID password.
- Confirm Erase iPad and tap Erase.
When your iPad is online, it will erase itself and restart. Note when you log into your iCloud account, you may need to enter the authentication code when the two-factor authentication is on.
We hope this article helped you find how to reset iPad Mini without password. You may also like our tutorials on How to Sign out of Apple ID on iPhone, How to Factory Reset iPhone 13, How to Put iPad in Recovery Mode, and How to Reset iPad without Passcode or Computer.
This Post Has 0 Comments