Do you want to reset your iPad without iTunes? Maybe you meet errors when resetting…
How to erase on the unavailable iPhone with the Erase option on the device? We assembled a step-by-step video guide. Check the whole process and detailed explanations here.
If your iPhone is on iOS 15.2 or later, you may have the Erase iPhone option on the black unavailable screen.
If your iPad is running on iPadOS 15.2 or later, you may have the Erase iPad option on the disabled iPad screen.
In this article, we choose iPhone to show how to Erase the iPhone with Erase iPhone option. The steps are similar on an iPad with the Erase iPad option.
How to Erase an Unavailable iPhone with the Erase iPhone Option?
Step 1. Tap Erase iPhone.
Step 2. Tap Erase iPhone again on the next Erase All Content and Settings screen.
Step 3. Enter your Apple ID password. Done.
Wait for the iPhone to reset the device.
The whole steps are simple and straightforward. However, there are many problems when people want to use the Erase iPhone option. Among the problems, there’re two big obvious questions raised.
- Question 1: Why don’t I have the Erase iPhone option when it’s unavailable?
- Question 2: Why the Erase iPhone option is not working for me?
we’ve dived into the problems. And we’d like to share the research results with our readers. Stay tuned.
Why you don’t have the Erase iPhone option when it’s security locked out?
Firstly, you need to meet the following prerequisites on your iPhone before it gets unavailable.
1. Your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or later.
Apple didn’t release the Erase iPhone option until the release of iOS 15.2. Similarly, on an iPad, the Erase iPad features also came with iPadOS 15.2 or later.
2. Have Your Apple ID or password.
The Erase iPhone action should be authenticated with your Apple ID to process for security reasons.
3. iPhone should be connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular Network.
The erasing process should need the internet to be completed. The whole process is associated with software reinstalling from the Apple official by wiping everything. It should reset the device to the factory default settings.
4. Find My iPhone is enabled before the lockout.
The “Find My iPhone is enabled” is a necessary requirement to have the Erase option on the unavailable screen. Otherwise, even if you exhaust all ten attempts to enter the password, including passing the waiting time period, the “Erase iPhone” option won’t appear. The same applied to the unavailable iPad.
We’ve already finished answering Question 1, let’s move on to Question 2.
Why the Erase iPhone option is not working？ It's not erasing properly.
Even if you have the Erase iPhone or Erase iPad option, you may fail to Erase the device. As a result, you felt the Erase iPhone is not working, and why?
During the tests, we also encountered this issue. The Erase option is not processed and the screen gets back to the iPhone unavailable screen with Erase iPhone option.
What caused the problem?
There may be a problem that occurred during software downloading and reinstalling the software. The iPhone may be stuck. Or the internet is too slow to finish the erasing process. And there may be other unknown reasons.
In this situation, you should try again or turn to another method to solve the iPhone unavailable.
How to Erase Unavailable iPhone with third-party software.
SD iOS Passcode Wiper software is one of the best tools to unlock disabled and unavailable iPhones, supporting the latest iOS 16. It can also unlock Apple ID and remove the forgotten screen time passcode for iOS users.
Free download and install it on your PC or Mac.
Hint: You need a purchased license to unlock your unavailable iPhone on it before the unlocking process starts.
Step 1. Launch the app and navigate to the Wipe Passcode section.
Step 2. Enter Recovery mode to Connect your unavailable iPhone with your computer.
Here you should put it to recovery mode to let your computer detect your unavailable iPhone. Follow the screen directions or the text guide proven by us.
Turn off your iPhone models first.
For iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or later. Press and hold the side button and the Volume down button, until the “slide to power off” button appears. Slide it to turn it off.
For iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6s. Press and hold the side button then drag the turn-off slider to turn it off.
For iPhone SE 1, iPhone 5S and earlier. Press and hold the top button to turn it off.
Recovery mode and connection.
For iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or later, including iPhone SE 2/3.
- Press and hold the side button for your iPhone while immediately connecting your iPhone to the computer don't let go of the button. Keep holding the button until you see the recovery mode screen on your iPhone then let go.
For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- Press and hold the Volume button for your iPhone while immediately connecting your iPhone to the computer don't let go of the button. Keep holding the button until you see the recovery mode screen on your iPhone then let go.
For iPhone SE 1 an iPhone 6s and earlier.
- Press and hold the Home button for your iPhone while immediately connecting your iPhone to the computer don't let go of the button. Keep holding the button until you see the recovery mode screen on your iPhone then let go.
Step 3. Confirm device information and download the firmware.
Step 4. Hit Unlock to unlock your device.
Wait for a few moments, your unavailable iPhone should be erased by the app. You can set it up as a new device or restore it from backups later.
More methods to discover how to unlock the iPhone unavailable screen:
Want to Read:
- iPhone Unavailable Try Again in 15 minutes
- iPhone Disabled Timer Not Going Down
- What Does iPhone Unavailable Mean
- iPad Unavailable
- iPhone Locked After Update
- iPhone Unavailable Try Again in 5 Minutes
- iPhone Security Lockout
- iPhone Unavailable try Again in 1 hour
- What Happens After 10 Failed Passcode Attempts on iPhone
- iPad Unavailable Try again in 15 minutes
If you have any comments about the iPhone Erase option or the Unavailable iPhone, please leave your comments below. We should reply it as soon as possible.