When you see your iPhone says iPhone Unavailable, how to fix the iPhone Unavailable lock…
Forgot My iPhone Passcode, How to Fix it 2023?
Looking to find what to do if you forgot your iPhone Passcode?
This article for solution supports iPhone Models: iPhone 11/12/13/14, iPhone 11/12/13/14 Pro, iPhone 11/12/13/14 Pro(Max), iPhone 6/6s or earlier, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X. All models of iPhone.
Q1: If you forgot your iPhone, iPad passcode, how do you get into your iPhone/iPad?
Q2: Are there any ways to unlock your passcodes without erasing all your iPhone data?
For Q1, there are several ways to get into your iPhone/iPad
For Q2, definitely no, you have to erase all your iPhone/iPad data to reuse it.
Let’s dive into How to fix if you forgot your passcodes for iPhone or iPad.
There are so many passwords for us every day to set or remember. It is so easy to get into the trouble of forgetting a password, such as for your computer, email, credit card and mobile phone and more. What if you forgot your passcodes on your iPhone/iPad?
The Apple Official Support has the following instructions about passcode resetting.
If you enter the wrong passcode six times in a row, you’ll be locked out of your device, and you’ll receive a message that says iPhone is disabled. If you can’t remember your passcode, you can erase your iPhone with a computer or with recovery mode, then set a new passcode. (If you made an iCloud or computer backup before you forgot your passcode, you can restore your data and settings from the backup.)
Fix Solution: Restore your iPhone and Reset Passcode.
It is a fact that when you forgot your password on your iPhone/iPad, and you have to wipe everything from your iPhone/iPad and reset your passcode. If you have a good habit to back up your iPhone/iPad regularly, it is not a big trouble. While if you have not any backups, you will lose all your data on your iPhone/iPad. Nothing can help you fix a forgotten iPhone/iPad Password unless you go to factory reset your iPhone/iPad. Here we show four Methods to unlock your iPhone/iPad.
Part 1. Unlock Your Disabled iPhone using iTunes.
Part 2. Erase Your disabled iPhone using iCloud.
Part 3. Reset an iPhone via Recovery Mode.
Part 4. Factory Reset an iPhone via a Third-party SD iPhone unlocker
Part 1. Unlock Your Disabled iPhone/iPad using iTunes.
iPhone/iPad Synced with iTunes on your computer previously.
If your iPhone/iPad has been previously synced with your iTunes on your Mac or PC computer, you can still backup using the same computer before the restoring process without having to enter the passcode. If it asks for a password, turn to Part 3 or Part 4.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
- Launch the iTunes app on your PC or Mac. Click the mobile-like icon near the top left of the iTunes window. And click Summary on the left pane.
- Click Restore and follow the onscreen instructions.
When prompted, it is recommended that you back up before restoration.
- When the iOS setup assistant asks you to set up your iPhone/iPad, choose “restore from iTunes backup”.
- Select your iPhone in iTunes and choose the most recent backup of your iPhone/iPad.
Part 2. Erase Your disabled iPhone/iPad using iCloud.
iPhone/iPad synced with iCloud with Find My iPhone turned on.
If you’ve synced your iPhone with iCloud and turned on Find my iPhone, and get your device connected to Wi-Fi network, you can erase your iPhone even without your iPhone in hand. Follow these instructions.
- Sign in to www.iCloud.com. Then enter your Apple ID and password, then click Find iPhone. Click All Devices, and select the iPhone you want to erase. (Reenter your iCloud password if required.)
- Click Erase iPhone on the info window.
- Click Erase when it prompted for confirmation.
Later, when you get to the set-up process, select Restore from iCloud Backup or Setting up your iPhone as New. Your iPhone will be restored from the latest way by iCloud. But It will not have the passcode enabled. You can set up a new password during the setup.
Part 3. Reset an iPhone/iPad via Recovery Mode.
Your iPhone/iPad Neither synced with iTunes nor iCloud.
If you haven’t synced your device to your iTunes on computer or iCloud, reset your iPhone to factory settings via the recovery mode.
Thus, you will erase all data on your iPhone permanently and set up your iPhone as New. Here we will show how to reset your iPhone 7 using Recovery Mode.
- First, Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Press your iPhone button to enter into recovery mode.
Stay your iDevice connected to your computer while holding the buttons (for all of the models):
On iPhone 6s or earlier, iPod touch (6th generation or earlier), or iPad with Home button: Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.
On your iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
On your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X or iPhone 11/12/13 (mini) or 11/12/13 Pro Max and later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- When you set your iPhone to recovery mode, the iTunes app will pop up a message for you to update or restore your iPhone/iPad, select Restore.
Recovery Mode to Reset to Factory Setting via iTunes
iTunes downloads software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits the recovery mode screen, let the download finish, then repeat steps 2 to 3.
- After the restore completes, set up your iPhone as new.
Part 4. Unlock Your Passcode with SD iPhone Unlocker.
Alternative method without iTunes or iCloud synchronization.
If you have to adopt the factory reset to remove your passcode, there is an easier way through third-party software. Likewise, this method erases all your iPhone data.
This software performs a restoring process by putting the device in recovery mode and installing the latest version of iOS. Whether it is a 4-digit passcode, 6-digit Passcode or Touch ID, even Face ID (for iPhone x or later) that disabled your iPhone, you can finish the reset process in several clicks.
Free download SD iPhone unlocker now and connect your iPhone/iPad to a computer.
Ready? Let’s get started.
Video Tutorial on what to do if you forgot your iPhone passcode.
Step 1: Launch SD iPhone unlocker and Choose Unlock Screen Passcode.
Step 2: Confirm your iPhone information and click start to download the firmware package.
Step 3: When the firmware download is completed, Click unlock, then input "000000" to confirm.
Make sure that your iPhone is connected to the computer during the wiping passcode process. Your device will be reset and unlocked passcode in several minutes.
- After resetting your iPhone/iPad, when you set up a new passcode, remember to write it down in a secure place or choose a memorable passcode. If you switch to a new phone and no longer use the old phone, make sure to migrate the data in a short period to avoid forgetting the passcode.
- Take precautions to back up your iPhone on a regular basis. There are no better choices to protect your data other than backup. Set up a new phone from scratch is a time-consuming and horrible job. If you want to recover it to your normal likings, including all the settings, apps, and iTunes store content, there are no faster ways without backups.
- If you enter your passwords incorrectly, stop and slow down to relax and think for a while. Once you remember your passcodes, it is the best result before the iPhone is disabled after 6 times incorrect input.
The passcode is so important for an iPhone/iPad. We explain what to do if you forgot your iPhone passcode in the above four ways. Apple locks your iPhone for security reasons if anyone lost his iPhone and avoids hacking by others. If you forgot your iPhone passwords, pick an optimal method for you. There are many ways to unlock your iPhone/iPad passcodes by reset iPhone but only one way to save your data is backup. Please move to this guide about how to back up your iPhone/iPad using iTunes or iCloud.
You May Also Want to Read:
How to Factory Reset iPhone 11 without Password
This Post Has 0 Comments