Got your iPhone 14 stuck or frozen? A hard reset probably fixes that. In this…
I forget my child’s screen time passcode, How can I recover it? what should I do now? – by an internet user Dominic.
Forgot your child’s Screen Time passcode? And looking for How to reset, change or turn off it? In this article, we’ll show you what to do when you forgot your screen time passcode for the child in step by step detailed guide with snapshots. Most parents can reset their child’s screen time passcode for free if they learn how to do it in the right way. Let’s dive in.
Note: If you forgot your screen time passcode, follow our next post in the below message box. Both posts solutions supports iOS 16, iOS 15, iOS 14, iOS 13, iOS 12.
Firstly, you should keep in mind that the child’s screen time passcode is an independent password. Don’t confuse the screen time passcode with yours. Thus, the methods are quite different from resetting your own screen time passcode when it’s forgotten.
There are two main ways to set up a child’s screen time passcode. One way is to set it on the child’s device without parental control, the other is to let the parent control the screen time. For protecting digital security for many younger children, many parents probably prefer to choose the latter way in family sharing.
How to Enable Screen Time Passcode on your Child’s device.
There are two ways.
- You can set up screen time, create limits & restrictions, and screen time passcode on your Child’s device.
- Use family sharing to configure your Child’s iPhone or iPad and regulate the screen time settings from your own device.
To do that, Go to Settings > Tap [Your Name] >Tap Family Sharing > Add a Family Member. Here you can create a child account or invite your children to join your family by asking them to enter their Apple ID.
Navigate to Settings app > Screen Time, under Family, choose your child’s name, Tap Use Screen Time passcode. Enter the screen time Passcode for your child and confirm.
Next time when you want to turn off or Change screen time Passcode, Tap Change screen Time Passcode > Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn off Screen Time Passcode on this page. Authenticate with your Touch ID, passcode or Face ID. If you need to turn off screen time, Tap Turn Off Screen Time at the bottom of the Page.
Part 1: Forgot child’s screen time Passcode in two cases.
Case 1. Independent Control of Screen Time: Reset on the child’s device.
If you haven’t set up your child’s screen time on your iPhone/iPad, and let him/her regulate the child’s screen time by independent device, reset the password using the child’s device. The process is the same as resetting a screen time passcode on your personal device.
When a child’s screen time passcode is set on a separate device with entering Apple ID, it’s simple to reset it when you or he/she forgot it. If you skip entering the child’s Apple ID, use the Part 4 Method.
On the child’s device.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Screen Time.
- Tap Change Screen Time Passcode > Change Screen Time Passcode.
- Tap “Forgot Passcode?”
- On the pop-up page of Screen Time Recovery, enter your child’s Apple ID & Passcode. Later enter your child’s new Screen Time Passcode.
Case 2. Parental Control Screen Time: Reset on the organizer/parent’s iPhone/iPad.
If you have family sharing as a parent, reset it on your own iPhone or iPad by entering your pin (your screen unlocking passcode), Touch ID, or FaceID.
On your device(the organizer’s device).
- Tap Settings > Screen Time.
- Scroll down and Choose the Child’s Name under family.
- Scroll down and Tap Change Screen Time Passcode > Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn off Screen Time Passcode.
- Authenticate with your Touch ID, Face ID, or passcode to proceed.
Don’t confuse your own screen time passcode with your child’s screen time passcode on your device. Once I entered many failed attempts of mine to unlock my children’s screen time passcode, at last, I realized that. Remember to change the child’s screen time passcode from children’s name under the family of the Screen Time Page. (Change your screen time passcode directly on the page.)
Maybe you are not familiar with this feature, we will describe the approach clearly with snapshots step by step to help you.
When you forgot a child’s screen time passcode, the right way to reset it without a password.
Part 2: When you forgot your Child’s screen time passcode – Turn off Screen Time and Re-enable it.
Step by Step tutorial for family sharing screen time on.
Many people should find no Forgot Passcode on child’s devices, no worries. You can reset it by turning off the screen time passcode or change it and you won’t need to remember the password here. As an organizer, you are authenticated to reset that in family sharing. Just follow the below right way.
Step 1: Turn off the screen time passcode for your child.
- Go to Settings > Tap Screen Time >Tap Your Child’s Name.
- Tap Turn off Screen Time Passcode.
- Tap Turn off Screen Time Passcode.
- Authenticate it with your Touch ID, Face ID, or pin code.
- Done. You have turned off the screen time passcode for your child.
Step 2: Turn off Screen Time for your Child.
- On this Page. Go to Settings > Tap Screen Time >Tap Your Child’s Name.
- Tap Turn Off Screen Time at the bottom of the page.
Later, once you’d like to enable screen time, turn on that again.
Part 3: Change Screen Time Passcode for Your Child.
Sure, when you forgot your children’s screen time passcode, you are authenticated to change the screen time for your child easily as a family organizer.
- Go to Settings > Tap Screen Time >Tap Your Child’s Name(under Family).
- Tap Change Screen Time Passcode.
- Tap Change Screen Time Passcode.
- Authenticate it.
- Set a Screen Time Passcode. Enter your new screen time passcode on the screen.
Part 4. Remove Child’s screen time passcode for Case 1(no data loss).
It’s easy to remove a children’s screen time passcode in family sharing through the above methods. Here we offer a resolution to remove a child’s screen time passcode set in a separate device. This may be set by a parent or by your children on a child’s device. If you are in family sharing, the screen time is disabled on the organizer’s devices. That means screen time is enabled on a child’s personal device, you can apply this method.
Among many tools, the SD Screen Time Passcode Remover app is our best choice. You can also use it on your personal device to wipe your screen time passcode without data loss.
Firstly, free download the software package and install it on your computer either PC or Mac.
Step 1: Launch the Screen Time Passcode Unlocker software. Click “Screen Time”.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone/iPad or iPod to your computer. And Hit Start on the next Screen.
Step 3: Turn off Find My. Then Start to remove a child’s screen time passcode.
Step 4. Done. Follow the onscreen directions to set up your device without data loss.
Related Questions about Forgetting a Child’s Screen Time Passcode:
1. You should find “Sign out is not available due to Restrictions” on a child’s iPhone or iPad. How to fix it?
2. Can’t reset your child’s iPhone or iPad when you forgot screen time but the pop-up page requires you to enter it?
3. Forgot screen time passcode on your devices? we offer comprehensive solutions to reset your forgotten screen time passcode: What to Do If You Forgot Screen Time Passcode.