Your iPad keeps saying the message "iPad unavailable, try again in 15 minutes"? It’s annoying…
Do you want to know how to factory reset iPhone 13 without a Password?
Factory resetting the iPhone 13 becomes the easiest among all iPhone models. Mostly, iPhone 13 is on iOS 15 or later iOS versions, which Apple has updated the procedure to reset an iPhone 13 without password, offering an easier way to erase your iPhone 13/13 Pro(Max), even for a locked iPhone 13.
In this article, we will introduce four ways to reset iPhone 13 without a password, and choose the proper way for you.
Note: When we mention the iPhone 13 in the below contents, we refer to all iPhone 13 models including iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max. These solutions support resetting all those iPhone 13 models.
First of all, let’s check the easiest way to reset iPhone 13 without password.
Note that if you forgot your iPhone 13 password, there is no better way to unlock it but to reset the iPhone to factory settings. You are lucky if you’ve backed up the data on your iPhone 13 and you should restore the backups after a reset, or else, you’ll learn a hard lesson for the loss of data because you can’t remember your iPhone 13 passcode.
Steps for resetting iPhone 13 or 13 Pro without passcode on the device.
When you enter many wrong passcode entries on your iPhone 13, you’ll see the iPhone Unavailable screen. When you arouse the iPhone Unavailable try again in 15 minutes message, and you’ll see an Erase iPhone option. That’s exactly the entrance for you to reset your iPhone 13 without a password, a new resetting method designed by Apple.
- Enter many wrong passcode entries on the iPhone 13 to trigger the “iPhone Unavailable try again in 1 minute” message.
- When 1 minute is up, continue entering wrong passcode entries on the iPhone 13 and trigger the iPhone Unavailable try again in 5 minutes screen.
- When 5 minutes are up, still continue to try the wrong passcode attempts on the iPhone 13 and trigger the iPhone Unavailable try again in 15 minutes message with Erase iPhone option.
- Tap Erase iPhone on the iPhone 13 screen. If no Erase option, try failed passcode again until you see it.
- Tap Erase iPhone. On the next screen titled “Erase All Content & Settings”. It’s saying “This iPhone is in security lockout, you can try your passcode again in 15 minutes or you can erase and reset this iPhone now.” Tap Erase iPhone on the bottom right corner.
- Enter your Apple ID passcode. On the next page, it requires you to input the Apple ID password to erase and reset your iPhone 13. Enter your iCloud password to proceed.
- Wait for a few moments, your iPhone will reset itself by erasing everything on it. Later you can set up your iPhone 13 from scratch or restore it from backups.
Video Tutorial for Erasing iPhone on device with Erase iPhone button.
Alternative solution: Reset your iPhone 13 or 13 Pro(Max) without password via third-party software.
If the iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout with Erase iPhone option is not viable for you, another most effective and quick way is to use a piece of third-party software to reset your iPhone 13 without password on the computer, even if without your Face ID. We have tested several pieces of software and picked this iOS passcode unlocker.
The SD iPhone unlocker is an iOS passcode unlocker app with a smart algorithm. It’s capable of unlocking passcode for all models of Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod. It also includes excellent tools for unlocking the Apple ID. It’s extremely useful to unlock not only the screen lock passcode but also the screen time passcode. It’s particularly suited to unlock the disabled iPhone 13, locked iPhone 13, or unavailable iPhone 13 for security lockout reasons very quickly when you forgot the passcode.
Remember that the app will also reset your iPhone 13 to factory settings by wiping all data without exception. If you have your backups, you can restore your iPhone data backups later.
First of all, free download this iPhone Unlocker software and install the Windows or Mac version on your computer.
1. Launch the iPhone Passcode unlocker app. Head to the “Wipe Passcode” section. Click it.
2. Connect your iPhone 13 to your computer.
3. Check your device information and download the software package.
If your iPhone 13(unavailable iPhone 13, disabled iPhone 13, or security lockout iPhone 13 device) is not detected, put it into recovery mode or DFU mode to let it be recognized by the software.
iPhone 13 recovery mode:
Press and hold the Volume down button and the Side button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone.
Connect it to your computer with the USB cable. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
4. When the firmware downloading is complete, enter “0000” and click Unlock and to confirm unlocking and resetting your iPhone 13 with the app.
5. Wait for the iPhone to restart and set up your iPhone 13. Once you have any backups, you can select restore from the backups during the set-up process.
Free option to reset iPhone 13 or 13 Pro without password via Finder or iTunes.
Finder or iTunes may be your first thought to restore your iPhone. Yes. Even if you forgot your passcode, you can use the Apple way, iTunes, or Finder to restore your iPhone 13. There is a significant requirement that you should turn off your Find My iPhone before restoring and resetting your iPhone to use this approach.
If you have the option Find My iPhone on, we recommend you refer to the third-party software approach to reset your forgotten passcode iPhone 13.
- Launch iTunes on your Windows PC, or launch iTunes or Finder on your macOS computer (On macOS Catalina or later, use Finder.).
- Connect your iPhone 13 to your computer.
- Enter your iPhone 13 in recovery mode.
- When the iTunes or Finder pops up a screen with the “Restore” option. Click Restore.
Wait for a few minutes, and your iTunes or Finder will download the latest iOS software. When the downloading is finished, your iPhone 13 will install the software automatically, resetting and erasing itself.
Enabling Find My iPhone on iPhone 13 or 13 Pro? – reset solution – iCloud.
Have Find My iPhone enabled and want to reset the iPhone 13 or 13 Pro without password? In this situation, the best way for you is to use the above third-party software or iCloud website.
- Open www.icloud.com on any of your browsers on a computer or mobile phone.
- Enter your Apple ID credentials and click Find My iPhone.
- Locate your iPhone on the devices list “Devices”. Tap it and Tap Erase iPhone. Follow the later instructions and complete the erase and reset process. If your iPhone 13 is online, it will start to reset itself and restart.
How to avoid forgetting a password on iPhone 13?
- Write down your password on your note or your online notebook and keep it safe. Set up a group of passwords with your principles or patterns. You can also remember your password patterns by typing them somewhere safe.
- Use additional Face ID or Touch ID on your iPhone 13 instead of only using the screen lock password. It’s very quick and convenient for iPhone 13 users to use the Face ID than entering the passcode. Go to settings > Face ID &Passcode, then enter your passcode. Tap Set up Face ID. Follow the onscreen directions to set up your Face ID.
- Set a proper auto-lock interval time on your iPhone 13. Settings > Display & Brightness >Auto-Lock, choose from the interval time list. If you choose Never, your screen won’t be locked, but the iPhone 13 battery will be draining fast. And the data is not safe. Most people won’t use the Never option except for emergencies or special occasions.
- Take care of your iPhone 13 when you put it in your pocket or your pack bag. Many people locked their phones by inadvertently rubbing them in their pockets with wrong passcode entries. It’s necessary to set a shorter time for auto-lock on your handset when you go out.
- Regularly back up your mobile phone for data safety. Even if you forget your screen lock passcode, you can still grab your data and reduce the data loss risk as low as you can. Restore your data from the previous backups and you can rest assured to recover your data on iPhone 13.
We hope you learned how to reset iPhone 13 without passcode. You may also want to read our tutorials on How to Factory Reset iPhone 13, iPhone Unavailable How to Fix, How to Put iPhone 13 in DFU Mode, iPhone 13 is Disabled Connect to iTunes, and My iPhone is disabled and won’t connect to iTunes.