Are you want to figure out how to factory reset iPhone 14 without a passcode？…
Are you trying to find out how to factory reset iPhone 13 with buttons?
Most of the time, it’s easy to factory reset your iPhone 13 with buttons, because Apple has designed the function to let you factory reset your iPhone with just buttons or options. But sometimes, when you get your iPhone 13 disabled or not responded to, it may take you quite a lot of time to reset it. If you know the right way to open it, it’s also a breeze.
In this article, we’ll share several ways to help you factory reset iPhone 13 with buttons.
Why Can’t You Find the Buttons to Factory Reset iPhone 13?
If you got a new iPhone 13, it’s not surprising that you have no idea how to reset your iPhone 13 with buttons.
1. You should learn how to hard reboot iPhone 13 with buttons first. A hard reboot won’t lose your data.
When you’re getting started with your iPhone 13, it takes time to learn how to hard restart your iPhone 13 with buttons. Here we refer to a force restart iPhone 13 with buttons, also called a force reboot. You can actually force turn off and on your iPhone 13 by hard resetting it.
If you mean factory reset iPhone 13 as a force reboot on the iPhone 13. Do the following. You can hard reset it with the buttons.
Force Hard Reset (Reboot) iPhone 13 with buttons.
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the side button.
What you need to know is that in the below parts when we discuss factory reset iPhone 13 with buttons, we mean a total factory reset with wiping all data on it, not a hard reboot.
Maybe you need to do a backup on your iPhone 13: How to Back Up Your iPhone.
2. You got locked out of your iPhone 13 and the reset buttons are unavailable to you.
When you got your iPhone 13 disabled, unavailable or security lockout, stuck on the screen, or frozen, you can’t find the buttons to factory reset your iPhone 13. Because you should bypass the screen first and then reset it with buttons or options.
If your iPhone 13 is disabled, check the bypass solution: iPhone 13 is Disabled Connect to iTunes.
In this guide, we will cover five different ways to reset iPhone 13 with buttons. If you prefer to jump straight to a particular method, then you can use the links below.
- For a not locked iPhone 13, reset it with the buttons in settings.
- For a forgotten passcode iPhone 13, try to reset it after failed passcode attempts with Erase iPhone Option on it.
- You can factory reset your iPhone 13 with third-party software buttons whether it’s locked or not if you have a computer.
- Reset your iPhone 13 with Erase iPhone button on iCloud.com, If you have your Apple ID & password, and you’ve enabled Find My iPhone.
- Restore your iPhone 13 with the “Restore iPhone” option on Finder or iTunes.
Reset iPhone 13 with buttons in Settings.
If your iPhone is not locked, you can go to the Settings app to reset your iPhone to factory default with Apple designed buttons.
On iOS software prior to iOS 15.
Navigate to the Settings app.
Tap General > Tap Reset > Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
On iOS 15 or later.
Navigate to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone, Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
Reset iPhone 13 on device after failed passcode attempts entered with Erase iPhone showing up.
Tap Erase iPhone after entering failed passcode attempts until you see the message iPhone Unavailable/Security Lockout, try again in 15 minutes.
Apple does supply a solution to help you reset your iPhone 13 to factory settings when you forgot your passcode on iOS 15.2 or later.
If you have an iPhone 13 running iOS 15.2 or later with forgotten passcode, do the following to trigger the hidden Erase iPhone option.
Enter the wrong passcode attempts until you see the message iPhone Unavailable/Security Lockout, try again in 1 minute.
When the time is up, enter the wrong passcode tries until you see the message iPhone Unavailable/Security Lockout, try again in 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, enter wrong passcode entries until you see the message iPhone Unavailable(Security Lockout) try again in 15 minutes.
On this screen, tap Erase iPhone option in the bottom right corner.
Enter your Apple ID & Passcode.
Tap Erase and confirm it.
Done. Wait for your iPhone 13 to burst into life again and set it up.
If the above two methods won’t work with your situation, check the below three methods.
Factory reset iPhone 13 with third-party software option, even if it’s locked or not.
SD iPhone Unlocker is our ideal pick to reset iPhone 13 to factory default settings. Whether your iPhone 13 is locked or not, it has the stable performance to reset your iPhone 13, even if you forgot your password.
It’s worth mentioning that the SD iPhone Unlocker is an affordable app in the market with great performance through our tests. You need to buy a license to reset your iPhone 13 to factory settings with the app.
It has both a PC version and a Mac version.
Free download and install it on your computer.
1. launch it and click the Unlock Screen Passcode.
2. Connect your iPhone 13 to the computer.
When the screen asks you Trust or not, click Trust when prompted.
If your iPhone 13 is unavailable, or security lockout or locked, make sure to put it in recovery mode after connecting it to the computer.
Do the following to put your iPhone 13/13 Pro in Recovery Mode.
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Immediately press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Then, press and hold the side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
3. Start to download the firmware. Click Download.
4. Click Unlock and Confirm it.
Wipe your iPhone 13 on iCloud.com with Erase iPhone button.
Check the three requirements to use iCloud.com to erase your iPhone 13 first.
- It has the Find My iPhone turned on.
- It’s online with cellular data or a Wi-Fi network.
- You have your Apple ID & password.
Steps to reset iPhone 13 with the iCloud Erase button.
Open www.iCloud.com with one of your browsers on your devices, either a smartphone, tablet, or desktop or laptop computer.
Enter your Apple ID and password to login in it. Click Find My.
Tap or click All Devices, and locate your iPhone 13 on the Map.
Tap or click the Erase iPhone option. Enter your Apple ID password.
Tap Erase to confirm it.
Reset your iPhone 13 by clicking the Restore button on iTunes or Finder.
To reset your iPhone 13 with the Restore button on iTunes, you should connect your iPhone 13 to your computer first. Make sure your iTunes can detect your iPhone 13. Do tap Trust if prompted.
If your iPhone 13 can’t be detected by iTunes/Finder or if it’s locked, disabled, or iPhone unavailable/Security Lockout, try to put it in recovery mode.
Check the tutorial to put iPhone 13 in recovery mode if your iPhone 13 buttons are broken or if you have any troubles in entering recovery mode.
- Connect your iPhone 13 and locate your iPhone 13 in iTunes. Put it in recovery mode if it’s necessary to be detected.
- Hit the iPhone 13 icon. Click Restore, On the pop-up screen, hit Restore.
- Wait for your iTunes or Finder to download the latest iOS software. Later your iPhone will install the latest version of the iOS software and reopened. Set it up again to your liking.
iPhone 13 Recovery Mode Restore or DFU Restore.
If you can’t reset your iPhone 13 with buttons, make sure to put it in recovery mode and then restore it on the third-party app or iTunes, or Finder.
You may also want to see our tutorial on How to Factory Reset iPhone with Buttons, iPhone is Disabled and Won’t Connect to iTunes, iPhone Unavailable try again, No Option for “Forgot Screen Time Passcode”, How to Factory Reset iPhone 13, Factory Reset iPhone 12 without Passcode, and see our expert pick of Software to Wipe Locked iPhone – 3 Smart Apps that you should use.